The sixth instalment of Carbon Forward – the premier annual environmental markets conference – is back, and it’s stacked with a first-class line-up of speakers to discuss the global boom in carbon credit prices, as well as government- and corporate-led efforts to scale up these markets.
Carbon Forward 2021 is organised by event partners Carbon Pulse and Redshaw Advisors, with the help of myConnector and London Filmed, to bring this year’s event to an online platform.
The event is made possible thanks to Gold sponsor AirCarbon Exchange, Silver sponsors Macquarie Group and Agoro Carbon Alliance, and Bronze Partners Verra and KraneShares.
As well, Carbon Forward welcomes Supporting Partners AFRY, CMIA, IETA, and InterAxS.
EU ETS Day (Oct. 6) focuses on Europe’s Emissions Trading Systems and features German MEP Peter Liese, who has been nominated to oversee the overhaul of the EU ETS in the European Parliament’s environment committee.
Net Zero Day (Oct. 7) looks at how companies and governments are developing strategies to curb emissions, including how investors can align themselves with efforts to achieve net zero. Carbon Forward is gathering leading names in finance, industry, and low-carbon project development to discuss the emerging role for international carbon markets to help future-proof portfolios.
The conference welcomes keynote speaker Rachel Kyte – a leading name in environmental finance for the past decade that has held senior roles as climate envoy at both the UN and the World Bank Group.
Currently Dean of The Fletcher School at Tufts University, Kyte’s latest role is Co-Chair of the Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative (VCMI) Steering Committee – a new global cross-stakeholder initiative aiming to agree on how companies should use carbon offsets and ensure the voluntary market contributes to the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
“With the extraordinary uptick in interest in the voluntary carbon market, it’s clear that there needs to be some serious work done in addition to try to solidify its transparency and integrity,” Kyte told Carbon Pulse.
“This will ensure the market contributes to achieving the 1.5C goal of the Paris Agreement, becomes part of a future architecture that countries will participate in and will be able to use in order to meet their nationally-determined contributions (NDCs), and holds companies to account for the claims that they’re making,” she added.
The conference remains Europe’s largest gathering of environmental market experts, and this year delegates can once again attend from the comfort of their desk.
- Conference Day 1 – EU ETS Day is dedicated to Europe’s Emissions Trading Systems. It will cover everything you need to know about how to survive and thrive under the EU’s flagship climate action programme, including examining the European Commission’s ‘Fit for 55’ package, the latest analyst price forecasts, and the prospects for the EU’s carbon border adjustment mechanism (CBAM). It will also look at developments under the UK’s new post-Brexit carbon market.
- Conference Day 2 – Net Zero Day focuses on how investment portfolios and businesses can align themselves with a net zero emissions goal. Carbon Forward is gathering leading names in finance, industry, and low-carbon project development to discuss the emerging role for international carbon markets to help future-proof investment portfolios.
This year’s speaker line-up includes:
- Rachel Kyte, Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative (VCMI)
- Eron Bloomgarden, Climate Finance Partners (Clifi)
- Mark Lewis, Andurand Capital Management
- Hanna-Mari Ahonen, Perspectives Climate Group
- Yann Andreassen, ICIS
- David Antonioli, Verra
- Karlijn Arts, SkyNRG
- David Boublil, DG Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission
- Mostyn Brown, Afry
- Cedric de Meeus, Holcim Group
- Stephen Donofrio, Ecosystem Marketplace
- Sean Donovan, Agoro Carbon Alliance
- Casey Dwyer, Andurand Capital Management
- Unni Einemo, IBIA
- Ulf Ek, Northlander Advisors
- Veronika Elgart, Switzerland government
- Paolo Falcioni, APPLiA
- Marcus Ferdinand, Thema
- Carole Ferguson, Industry Tracker
- Haege Fjellheim, Refinitiv
- Sabine Frank, Carbon Market Watch
- Ben Garside, Carbon Pulse
- David Hynes, UK Cabinet Office
- Sami Jauhiainen , Neste
- Karim Kanji, Net Zero Markets
- Valentina Keys, WFW
- Sven Kolmetz, Project Developer Forum
- Matthias Krey, Perspectives Climate Group
- Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, European Centre for International Political Economy
- Per Lekander, Lansdowne Partners
- Peter Liese MEP, European People’s Party (EPP)
- Tore Longva, DNV
- Tom Lord, Redshaw Advisors
- Sam Lowe, Centre for European Reform & UK Trade Forum
- Alex Luta, Afry
- Scobie MacKay, Macquarie
- Andrei Marcu, European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition
- Nima Neelakandan, Macquarie
- Ken Newcombe, C-Quest Capital
- Luke Oliver, KraneShares
- William Pazos, AirCarbon
- Ariel Perez, Hartree Partners
- Alexis Pott, Carbon Cap Management
- Rob Pulleyn, Morgan Stanley
- Simon Pyne, Greener Energy Fuels
- Bo Qin, BloombergNEF
- Louis Redshaw, Redshaw Advisors
- Anton Root, Allied Crowds
- Federica Sabatti, European Heating Industry (EHI)
- Bjarne Schieldrop, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB)
- Trevor Sikorski, Energy Aspects
- Lawson Steele, Berenberg
- Maria Strandesen, Maersk
- Mike Szabo, Carbon Pulse
- Eve Tamme, Climate Principles
- Guy Turner, Trove Research
- Daniel Tutu Benefoh, Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana
- Beatriz Yordi, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- and MORE!
Join us for our 6th annual Carbon Forward conference on Oct. 6-7.
Carbon Pulse subscribers can use code CF2021CP for 20% off tickets!