China’s environment ministry on Thursday moved to ban provincial and municipal authorities from interfering into the national offset market, after one city recently tried to restrict carbon credits sales from projects within its jurisdiction.
Asia Pacific > China’s environment ministry bars regional authorities from restricting offset sales
China’s environment ministry bars regional authorities from restricting offset sales
China’s environment ministry on Thursday moved to ban provincial and municipal authorities from interfering the national offset market, after one city recently tried to restrict carbon credits sales from projects within its jurisdiction.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- Euro Markets: Midday Update
- COMMENT: Six questions to resolve in order for carbon markets to deliver more for nature
- ANALYSIS: Fast-growing SLL market sees calls for greater transparency amid greenwashing concerns
- China updates emissions data reporting guidelines for ETS-regulated power plants
- Major investor sets out biodiversity, climate expectations for portfolio firms
- Australia’s Coalition party says will oppose Safeguard Mechanism legislation
- Nature intelligence firm eyes expansion after closing £2.5-mln seed round
- CP Daily: Monday February 6, 2023
- Indonesia partners with mining company to plant 30,000 mangroves seedlings
- California carbon market watchdog calls for greater clarity on post-2030 legal authority
- RGGI Market: RGA prices find support following slight annual emissions climb
- Research finds California’s carbon market lowered air pollution disparities in study sample
- RFS Market: RINs sink to two-month low as waivers, credit generation weigh
- EU’s carbon border plans to increase recycling in the steel industry -study
- Talks over EU renewables law break down in row over hydrogen
- VCM Report: Slump in standard N-GEO prices continues, but OTC REDD+ finds a floor
- Polish coal power output to plummet by 2030s, say analysts
- Euro Markets: EUAs slide to one-week low as short covering seen over amid milder weather outlook
- Denmark greenlights its first CCS licenses in the North Sea
- China weighs ETS interventions to ease pressure on emitters -analysts
- Canada releases blueprint for MPA network, as Pew launches high seas protection tool
- European fund to finance Asia-Pacific marine protection projects
- NZ carbon trader launches parliamentary petition urging govt to heed CCC’s ETS advice
- CP Daily: Friday February 3, 2023
- Analysis firm lowers 2023 CCA price forecasts, expects RGGI deficits to continue
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.