Governments must ignore airlines’ pleas to modify the UN’s CORSIA international flight offsetting mechanism in the wake of the coronavirus impact because weakening the existing rules would set the sector’s climate action efforts back many years, campaigners and offset industry players urged on Monday.
Aviation/CORSIA > UN must uphold CORSIA rules to avoid delaying airlines’ climate action, say campaigners, offset providers
UN must uphold CORSIA rules to avoid delaying airlines’ climate action, say campaigners, offset providers
Governments must ignore airlines’ pleas to modify the UN’s CORSIA international flight offsetting mechanism in the wake of the coronavirus impact because weakening the existing rules would set the sector's climate action efforts back many years, campaigners and offset industry players urged on Monday.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- ANALYSIS: The EU’s swerve from Russia brings renewables goals within reach
- US reforestation developer looks to branch out globally
- Euro Markets: EUAs drift lower but remain above €90 as market eyes Parliament reform vote
- UNDP, Switzerland defend rice farming methodology amid Verra decision to halt use
- Technology company, audit firm form partnership for on-site carbon credit verification
- Global carbon markets post 14% increase in value in 2022, despite 21% drop in volume –analysts
- Blockchain marketplace lines up to sell tokenised removal credits through two-way bridge
- Bottlenecks hamper access to EU funds for biodiversity in Eastern nations -report
- BP waters down 2030 climate targets as it records record fossil profits
- Drop the BEIS: UK shifts responsibility for climate policy in ministerial reshuffle
- COMMENT: Six questions to resolve in order for carbon markets to deliver more for nature
- ANALYSIS: Fast-growing SLL market sees calls for greater transparency amid greenwashing concerns
- China updates emissions data reporting guidelines for ETS-regulated power plants
- Major investor sets out biodiversity, climate expectations for portfolio firms
- Australia’s Coalition party says will oppose Safeguard Mechanism legislation
- Nature intelligence firm eyes expansion after closing £2.5-mln seed round
- CP Daily: Monday February 6, 2023
- Indonesia partners with mining company to plant 30,000 mangroves seedlings
- California carbon market watchdog calls for greater clarity on post-2030 legal authority
- RGGI Market: RGA prices find support following slight annual emissions climb
- Research finds California’s carbon market lowered air pollution disparities in study sample
- RFS Market: RINs sink to two-month low as waivers, credit generation weigh
- EU’s carbon border plans to increase recycling in the steel industry -study
- Talks over EU renewables law break down in row over hydrogen
- VCM Report: Slump in standard N-GEO prices continues, but OTC REDD+ finds a floor
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.