Our client is one of the UK’s leading environmental organisations working with businesses to help them offset their CO₂ emissions. They work with major public and private sector clients to fund sustainable development projects that reduce carbon emissions at scale as well as advising on a range of climate change mitigation and adaptation subjects, from large scale implementation to national climate change policies.
The business is currently seeking a Head of Client Services to lead and manage their client services team. This person will be focused on designing and delivering high-quality, innovative carbon offset programmes which maximise business value for clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the carbon markets and/or of providing Green House Gas (GHG) reporting and consulting services to the private sector.
They will have a proven track record in leading account management teams and of successfully securing, maintaining, and growing key client accounts.
Develop existing business
- Prepare a clear annual plan for the development of key accounts to achieve agreed financial targets and ensure this is effectively implemented
- Take personal responsibility for the successful management and development of top tier clients
- Act as a respected and trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Work with the business development team to input into proposals and ensure smooth transfer of new business opportunities across to client services
- Support Director of Partnerships in developing new significant channel partnerships
New business tendering
- Lead the process of developing proposals for new business with existing clients
- Ensure any new proposals are coordinated with Business Development and Portfolio Management
- Ensure an effective tiered Key Account Management process is in place to ensure clear service level expectations for clients and cost-effective management of each client
- Ensure effective customer feedback to inform process improvements and new business opportunities
- Ensure effective coordination with other functional areas
Manage Client Services team
- Ensure the Client Service team consistently meet high level of service in managing over 150 highest tier clients, as well as achieving the teams financial and impact targets
- Develop the skills and experience of the client team members and successfully integrate and train new members
- Plan resourcing across the team to deliver objectives
- Provide regular financial reports on current and forecast trading
- Develop lead indicator reports for the Directors
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing an account management team
- Strong preference for experience in carbon markets. Alternatively, a background in sustainability or corporate social responsibility
- A relevant degree or professional qualification is preferred, but not essential
- A strong commercial focus, with proven track record in successfully managing and expanding client accounts and delivering against ambitious financial targets
- Strong influencing and communications skills
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts simultaneously – coordinating colleagues and ensuring delivery against agreed client activity plans
- Significant Key Account Management experience
- A passion for tackling climate change and achieving sustainable development and a personal commitment to our vision and values