The BDI is the umbrella organisation of German industry and industry-related service providers. It represents 40 industrial sector federations and has 15 regional offices in the German federal states. The BDI speaks for more than 100,000 private enterprises employing around 8 million people.
Manufacturing industries are the foundation of the German economy and play a decisive role in determining the future competitiveness of our country. The BDI puts forward the interests of German industry to political representatives in Germany, Europe and worldwide.
The BDI is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill the position as a
Senior Manager for its department of Energy and Climate Policy
at its Representation in Brussels.
- Representation of the BDI to the European institutions (commission, parliament, council)
- Monitoring of current political developments and regular reporting as well as creation of analyses for BDI-departments and member federations focussing on energy and climate policy
- Coordination of content with member associations, companies, European partner associations and the European umbrella organisation BusinessEurope
- Preparation of political positions in close connection with the energy and climate team in Berlin
- Preparation of meetings and speeches
- Organisation of discussions, committee meetings and public events with participation of the European institutions
- Fostering a close dialogue with European institutions and relevant stakeholders
- Preparation and responsibility for certain European issues in the respective fields
- Master’s degree or Diploma in political science, European studies, economics, law or related areas, ideally focussing on energy and climate policy
- Preferably several years of relevant experience in the respective fields in an international environment, e.g. EU institutions, representations etc.
- Strong interest in political engagements
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills and experience in moderation of committees and meetings
- Teamplayer with a strong ability to work independently
- High service orientation
- Experience in organising and implementing projects
- Excellent levels of written and spoken German and English, ideally good level in French
Please submit your application via this link:
Application should contain
- cover letter in German indicating why you would like to join the BDI
- CV in German or English
- Qualifications/ work references, if available