The Gold Standard Foundation seeks a highly motivated individual to join our technical team. This is a full-time position to support the Gold Standard assurance project and review to ensure compliance with standard requirements.
This is a remote position, the role holder can be based in the UK, Germany or India.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking an Associate – Assurance and Review Management (Land Use and Forests) to join our team.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Preparation, update, upkeep and implementation of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) requirements in timely manner.
- Contribute to the review (QA/QC) process of Land Use and Forests (LUF) (e.g. Afforestation/Reforestation, Improved Forest Management, Agriculture) projects submitted for Gold Standard certification.
- Preparation of regular reports on key findings on performance of Validation/Verification Bodies (VVBs).
- Contribute to development of training material for VVBs.
- Contribute to review of GHGs methodologies and standard documents
- Assist the assurance manager in providing training to internal staff, roster of experts, certification bodies, VVBs, project developers and other stakeholders on relevant matters.
- Conduct research and draft reports/deliverables on key topics related to assurance as from time to time required by the Technical Director
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience of working with certification or third-party auditing system and in-depth knowledge of how they are managed
- A good understanding of the role of a Standard system like Gold Standard or CDM.
- Experience of working with projects concerning land use and forestry, preferably in afforestation and reforestation, improved forest management, agriculture and grassland management.
- Knowledge on climate finance, environmental markets and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is desirable
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, with an eye for detail
- Knowledge and experience of digitization of PDF/MS Word documents and MS Excel based calculation tools is highly preferable
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and projects
- A good team player with a positive outlook on work and a desire to make a difference in the world
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to work with a range of staff based all around the world
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on 16th February 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.