Power generators in Virginia still face legal ramifications to meet their RGGI obligations for all of 2023 and potentially later years as well, despite the state’s plan to sever the carbon market regulation before the programme’s three-year true-up deadline, experts told Carbon Pulse.
Americas > ANALYSIS: With Virginia’s RGGI repeal pending, are emitters’ obligations going up in smoke?
ANALYSIS: With Virginia’s RGGI repeal pending, are emitters’ obligations going up in smoke?
Power generators in Virginia still face legal ramifications to meet their RGGI obligations for all of 2023 and potentially later years as well, despite the state's plan to sever the carbon market regulation before the programme’s three-year true-up deadline, experts told Carbon Pulse.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- Japan backs New Zealand-based project for JCM
- WCI Markets: CCAs bounce back from 2-mth low as February begins, as Washington programme outlook provokes debate
- FEATURE: After head start, the UK risks falling behind on climate policy
- Voluntary carbon market standards must require price transparency to eliminate profiteering, watchdog argues
- Voluntary carbon market data firm publishes first ratings of corporate activity
- Euro Markets: EUAs give back gains ‘to the tick’ despite positive technical signals
- UK to finance pilot to convert industrial waste gas into consumer products
- JP Morgan acquires US forestland valued at $500 mln as part of carbon management initiative
- Insurer invests £38 mln in UK forest restoration scheme
- Carbon pricing can spur green industrialisation of emerging economies, conference told
- Biodiversity Pulse Weekly: Thursday February 2, 2023
- Environment ministers from 12 countries urge the EU to better protect the grey wolf
- Japan opens for first-phase GX League applications, confirms first compliance deadline to fall after 2025
- South Korea announces raft of biodiversity actions, gets to work on 5-year plan
- Blue carbon projects in PNG and Indonesia awarded A$3 mln in grant funding from Australia
- World Climate Foundation launches biodiversity network
- Australia commits A$3 mln to Indian Ocean marine park conservation projects
- CP Daily: Wednesday February 1, 2023
- UPDATE – Japanese conglomerate forms US forest carbon venture as part of $780 mln investment
- IMF paper highlights the vast gap between Australia’s climate policies and its ambitions
- New York governor includes cap-and-trade rebate fund in budget, as details emerge on programme timeline
- Massachusetts GWSA emissions exceed adjusted cap again during 2022
- COMMENT: One Planet, One Paris Agreement, One Carbon Standard and Accounting System
- Canadian nature-based VER developer aims to generate nearly 30 mln credits
- California LCFS market concentration dwindles in Q3 as credit generation hits record
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.