The first carbon credit auction hosted by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign investment fund has dished out 1.4 million units across 15 regional and domestic firms including Aramco, with the state oil company also announcing a $1.5 billion fund to help it reach net zero emissions by 2050.
Africa > First Saudi carbon auction distributes 1.4 Mt across 15 firms as Aramco announces $1.5 bln fund
First Saudi carbon auction distributes 1.4 Mt across 15 firms as Aramco announces $1.5 bln fund
The first carbon credit auction hosted by Saudi Arabia's sovereign investment fund has dished out 1.4 million units across 15 regional and domestic firms including Aramco, with the state oil company also announcing a $1.5 billion fund to help it reach net zero emissions by 2050.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- Asset manager addresses biodiversity, climate in natural capital index strategy launch
- Long way to go to put Chubb review recommendations into action, Australian govt official says
- CP Daily: Thursday February 2, 2023
- Japan backs New Zealand-based project for JCM
- WCI Markets: CCAs bounce back from 2-mth low as February begins, as Washington programme outlook provokes debate
- FEATURE: After head start, the UK risks falling behind on climate policy
- Voluntary carbon market standards must require price transparency to eliminate profiteering, watchdog argues
- Voluntary carbon market data firm publishes first ratings of corporate activity
- Euro Markets: EUAs give back gains ‘to the tick’ despite positive technical signals
- UK to finance pilot to convert industrial waste gas into consumer products
- JP Morgan acquires US forestland valued at $500 mln as part of carbon management initiative
- Insurer invests £38 mln in UK forest restoration scheme
- Carbon pricing can spur green industrialisation of emerging economies, conference told
- Biodiversity Pulse Weekly: Thursday February 2, 2023
- Environment ministers from 12 countries urge the EU to better protect the grey wolf
- Japan opens for first-phase GX League applications, confirms first compliance deadline to fall after 2025
- South Korea announces raft of biodiversity actions, gets to work on 5-year plan
- Blue carbon projects in PNG and Indonesia awarded A$3 mln in grant funding from Australia
- World Climate Foundation launches biodiversity network
- Australia commits A$3 mln to Indian Ocean marine park conservation projects
- CP Daily: Wednesday February 1, 2023
- UPDATE – Japanese conglomerate forms US forest carbon venture as part of $780 mln investment
- IMF paper highlights the vast gap between Australia’s climate policies and its ambitions
- New York governor includes cap-and-trade rebate fund in budget, as details emerge on programme timeline
- Massachusetts GWSA emissions exceed adjusted cap again during 2022
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.