European carbon prices posted a 2.6% weekly loss after Friday saw prices drift lower in a narrow range, as traders eyed macroeconomic headlines from the UK and digested presentations from yesterday’s EU ETS sessions at the Carbon Forward conference in London.
EMEA > Euro Markets: EUAs post 2.6% weekly loss as market rues lack of signals from politicians and analysts
Euro Markets: EUAs post 2.6% weekly loss as market rues lack of signals from politicians and analysts
European carbon prices posted a 2.6% weekly loss after Friday saw prices drift lower in a narrow range, as traders eyed macroeconomic headlines from the UK and digested presentations from yesterday's EU ETS sessions at the Carbon Forward conference in London.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- RFS Market: RINs sink to two-month low as waivers, credit generation weigh
- EU’s carbon border plans to increase recycling in the steel industry -study
- Talks over EU renewables law break down in row over hydrogen
- VCM Report: Slump in standard N-GEO prices continues, but OTC REDD+ finds a floor
- Polish coal power output to plummet by 2030s, say analysts
- Euro Markets: EUAs slide to one-week low as short covering seen over amid milder weather outlook
- Denmark greenlights its first CCS licenses in the North Sea
- China weighs ETS interventions to ease pressure on emitters -analysts
- Canada releases blueprint for MPA network, as Pew launches high seas protection tool
- European fund to finance Asia-Pacific marine protection projects
- NZ carbon trader launches parliamentary petition urging govt to heed CCC’s ETS advice
- CP Daily: Friday February 3, 2023
- Analysis firm lowers 2023 CCA price forecasts, expects RGGI deficits to continue
- European Commission launches application call for renewal of EU Innovation Fund expert group membership
- Verra withdraws UN rice farming offset methodology for review over integrity concerns
- UPDATE – New US-based platform to sell 10 mln reforestation offsets at low end of price spectrum
- SBTi guidance sees aviation CO2 intensity halve by 2035 to keep warming below 1.5C
- US Carbon Markets and LCFS Roundup for week ending February 3, 2023
- French energy giant to offload renewables assets amid boom in oil and gas profits
- Activity picks up in OTC offset market, but REDD+ prices continue to crash lower
- Euro Markets: EUAs post 4.6% weekly gain as traders again look to Brussels
- EU must extend gas curbs over 2023 as carbon price bites -researchers
- Norwegian DAC firm adds former agri-carbon boss to team, targets 1 Mt plant
- Global carbon market growth slowdown set to continue into 2023 -analysts
- Major conference gets underway to find pathway towards 30% ocean protection target
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.