EUAs jumped by as much as €5.10 to a new record in an active market on Wednesday as technical buying extended Tuesday’s rally, while energy prices made more modest gains as tensions in Ukraine rose.
EMEA > Euro Markets: EUAs climb nearly 5% to new record as technical buyers roar back
Euro Markets: EUAs climb nearly 5% to new record as technical buyers roar back
EUAs jumped by as much as €5.10 to a new record in an active market on Wednesday as technical buying extended Tuesday's rally, while energy prices made more modest gains as tensions in Ukraine rose.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- WCI Markets: CCAs bounce back from 2-mth low as February begins, as Washington programme outlook provokes debate
- FEATURE: After head start, the UK risks falling behind on climate policy
- Voluntary carbon market standards must require price transparency to eliminate profiteering, watchdog argues
- Voluntary carbon market data firm publishes first ratings of corporate activity
- Euro Markets: EUAs give back gains ‘to the tick’ despite positive technical signals
- UK to finance pilot to convert industrial waste gas into consumer products
- JP Morgan acquires US forestland valued at $500 mln as part of carbon management initiative
- Insurer invests £38 mln in UK forest restoration scheme
- Carbon pricing can spur green industrialisation of emerging economies, conference told
- Biodiversity Pulse Weekly: Thursday February 2, 2023
- Environment ministers from 12 countries urge the EU to better protect the grey wolf
- Japan opens for first-phase GX League applications, confirms first compliance deadline to fall after 2025
- South Korea announces raft of biodiversity actions, gets to work on 5-year plan
- Blue carbon projects in PNG and Indonesia awarded A$3 mln in grant funding from Australia
- World Climate Foundation launches biodiversity network
- Australia commits A$3 mln to Indian Ocean marine park conservation projects
- CP Daily: Wednesday February 1, 2023
- UPDATE – Japanese conglomerate forms US forest carbon venture as part of $780 mln investment
- IMF paper highlights the vast gap between Australia’s climate policies and its ambitions
- New York governor includes cap-and-trade rebate fund in budget, as details emerge on programme timeline
- Massachusetts GWSA emissions exceed adjusted cap again during 2022
- COMMENT: One Planet, One Paris Agreement, One Carbon Standard and Accounting System
- Canadian nature-based VER developer aims to generate nearly 30 mln credits
- California LCFS market concentration dwindles in Q3 as credit generation hits record
- Euro Markets: EUAs climb closer to €100 on technicals and short-covering
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.