Are you passionate about environmental change, sustainability and decarbonisation?
Do you have trading or sales experience within voluntary carbon or commodity markets in Europe?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced applicant, who shares our mission of a low carbon future, to join our Carbon Desk.
The chosen applicant will be responsible for growing SCB’s presence; developing new business relationships and revenue streams within voluntary carbon markets in the UK and Europe.
Who We Look For
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in Environmental Studies, Energy Economics, Business or equivalent work experience
- A strong track record of sales, cold calls, business development, negotiation, portfolio manager and customer relationship skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in carbon markets through sales or trading
- Relevant knowledge of voluntary carbon products (EACs, Carbon Offsets), corporate social responsibility, sustainability and climate change is required
- An existing portfolio of clients in the European and Asian markets.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong leaning agility and hunger to succeed in tough environments
- Ability to manage all aspects of individual and team objectives and projects to execution
ABOUT THIS POSITION
What You Will Do
You will be responsible:
- Maintaining, prospecting and developing a network of new clients active in voluntary carbon markets in the UK and Europe.
- Generating new revenue streams and building a trading portfolio in voluntary carbon products, based on market analysis, global supply and demand models, changing regulatory and political landscapes
- Consulting clients on their emission risks and sustainability challenges, understanding their needs and helping them develop bespoke solutions to offset their emissions and to address climate change goals
- Providing an oversight to the whole lifecycle of a trade and new customer onboarding
- Actively engaging with the Operation, Legal and Compliance departments, ensuring a thorough risk management, trade execution, post-trade discipline and the overall quality control in line with SCB guidelines, rules and principles
- Working closely with colleagues in the US and Europe and assisting the desk in developing advisory strategy and sustainability proposals
- Representing SCB at market events and engaging with the relevant marketing activities
About Our Company
SCB is the world leading low carbon commodity company relentlessly pursuing a low carbon future. We provide Brokerage, Matched Principal, Market Data and Advisory services in sustainable commodities and renewable energy. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good. Our commitment to the environment goes further than just helping our customers. Over the years, we have abated more than 350 million MT of CO2 through our global transactions.
Check out our YouTube Channel to know us better!
What To Do Next
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter HERE
Seize the opportunity to work with us and expand your knowledge of renewable energy, low carbon commodities and alternatives.