Finite Carbon is the leading developer and supplier of forest carbon offsets in North America with more than 3 million acres under carbon management. We offer an end-to-end solution for forest owners seeking to participate in the carbon market including project feasibility, inventory, modeling and documentation, verification oversight, timber-carbon decision support, and offset transactions.
We are seeking a Director of Operations to coordinate Finite’s expansion to Canada and its forest offset development services. The candidate will join a team of 18 employees including 13 full-time foresters which provide unmatched technical expertise and implementation capabilities to support this expansion. This role will be a hybrid, combining both commercial operations and policy making, hence experience in both areas is preferential. As our first hire in Canada, you will have the opportunity to shape our Canadian business will all the support coming from our US team.
Finite Carbon has a wide range of clients including First Nations and Native American communities, environmental non-profits, families, forest investors, and forest products companies. We are proud to work as an advocate on behalf of this diverse group of forest owners and stakeholders and are committed to integrity and fair dealing in all our business interactions. As such, Finite Carbon expects potential candidates to hold these same values in high regard.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE
- Fully establish Finite’s business and brand in Canada, with an initial focus in the western Canadian
- Expand Finite’s Canadian carbon network contacts including government agencies, forestry consultants, and landowners.
- Monitor and participate in provincial and federal-level carbon pricing policy with emphasis on development and adoption of forest carbon offset
- Work with Finite’s business development team to identify forest offset project
- Work with Finite’s project development team to conduct feasibility studies to estimate project performance and valuation of forest carbon assets for new and existing clients.
- Prepare and present forest offset project proposals to existing and prospective
- Manage Finite’s portfolio of Canadian forest carbon offset
- Travel to project sites, conferences, and team training
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Considerable experience in forestry/natural resources consulting or related experience working with forest products industry, forest planning and operations, timber management, and/or forest product
- Proven experience in policy building and implementation in the following areas:
- natural resources policy.
- government, indigenous, and/or community relations.
- carbon project
- forest carbon project development, e., carbon inventory design, GIS, growth and yield modeling, project documentation, and verification management.
- carbon offset standards and protocols
- financial investment analysis with focus on forest investments preferred
- Ability to actively listen among a diverse set of cultures and
- Canadian and/or US professional forester credential including provincial or state registration
- French as second language a
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package. Location is flexible, but there is a strong preference for Calgary. Alternative locations include Edmonton, Saskatoon, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.
For more information, please review our website at www.finitecarbon.com. Interested candidates should submit their application consisting of cover letter and resume via email with “Director of Canadian Operations” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Finite Carbon, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Finite Carbon believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.