South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As part of the Climate Policy and Carbon Pricing practice within the Consultancy & Services team, you will focus on the successful and efficient implementation of our projects for international clients in the sustainability field and will be responsible for the development of proposals in business development activities for South Pole. You should have a strong technical background on sustainability topics, climate policy and carbon markets (compliance and voluntary), including international climate change negotiations (UNFCCC, Paris Agreement and Article 6, Nationally Determined Contributions) and carbon offset procurement strategies.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Planning, coordination and management of consultancy mandates for public sector clients related to climate policy and carbon markets topics
- Networking and relationship management with clients and strategic partners, including the acquisition of new clients and the development of new strategic partnerships
- Contributions to marketing and communication activities related to South Pole’s offering in the public sector, including public speaking engagements and thought leadership publications related to international climate policy and carbon markets
- Delivering high-quality proposals, consultancy reports and other deliverables (e.g. presentations, blogs, workshop materials). As a senior expert, provide supervision, guidance and technical leadership in consulting mandates.
- Design project work plans, schedules, budgets and delivery of financial and technical status reports
- Liaise with partners and clients on specific consultancy mandates
- Liaise with other South Pole practices to contribute in topic-related assignments
- Support business development activities in the region
- University degree in International Affairs, Environmental Policy, or related field, ideally at Master’s level
- At least 7-10 years’ work experience and a proven track record in consultancy work, with a focus on climate change and international carbon markets. Ideally, experience working for mandates under international institutions and multilateral development banks.
- A proven networker and public speaker
- Experience working in and managing small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Proven track record working in consulting mandates related to nature-based solutions, carbon markets, climate policy, and/or climate finance
- Demonstrable interest in working on climate change mitigation projects, programmes or instruments across sectors and technologies
- Passion for environmental issues and a good understanding of the international climate policy landscape (Paris Agreement and Article 6)
- A good sense for identifying the potential of a story, and for finding the right angle to tell it
- National, or holder of a valid work permit in the host country
- Fluent English both oral and written
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Deadline: Aug. 10