The Company and the Role
Wonderful opportunity to join Australia’s leading wholesale environmental markets brokerage team and immerse yourself in the exciting, topical environmental markets.
Operate in a small 3-5 person team environment, alongside experienced colleagues. A small business environment, within a larger organisation.
The TFS Green team is Australia’s leading environmental markets broker and part of Tradition, the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition, a financial services firm providing interdealer broking services in commodity and financial markets across the globe.
Depending on the candidate, there is scope for either an entry level candidate with strong matching personal characteristics or a more experienced candidate with relevant employment history. The role will focus on business development deliverables advancing our services in Australia’s renewable energy, energy efficiency, and carbon markets. Immediate activities involve client account management and development services as well as contribution to a number of administrative and analytical functions which are essential to the business. This includes compilation and analysis of data and research work.
This is an exciting opportunity into the Renewable Energy and Environmental Markets space.
Successful applicant will require:
• Strong Microsoft application skills esp Excel, PowerPoint.
• Great communication & sales skills, and an appreciation of nuance, confidence in communicating actively with high value clients.
• Problem solving, and an enthusiasm for learning on the job.
• Dynamic thinking, capacity to adjust focus in a changing, high pressure and competitive environment
• An ambitious approach to the work environment and the ability to learn quickly and respond to incentives based challenges.
• Some experience in Retail Energy, Energy or Renewable Energy Markets, Environmental Markets, Environmental Commerce a preference.
• Bachelor degree (minimum) in finance, economics or related field.
• Previous experience/familiarity with options trading is considered a benefit.
The application form will include these questions:
• Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
• What’s your expected annual base salary?
• How many years’ experience do you have in the financial services industry?
• How many years’ experience do you have as a relationship manager?
• Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?