EU parliamentarians are divided across party and national lines over by how much to raise the bloc’s 2030 emissions reduction goal, while lawmakers from mostly eastern member states want more funding for their home nations via ETS-financed schemes.
EMEA > EU Parliament divided on 2030 GHG target, some seek more west-to-east ETS funds
EU Parliament divided on 2030 GHG target, some seek more west-to-east ETS funds
EU parliamentarians are divided across party and national lines over by how much to raise the bloc's 2030 emissions reduction goal, while lawmakers from mostly eastern member states want more funding for their home nations via ETS-financed schemes.
*NEW* BIODIVERSITY PULSE
- Major investor sets out biodiversity, climate expectations for portfolio firms
- Australia’s Coalition party says will oppose Safeguard Mechanism legislation
- Nature intelligence firm eyes expansion after closing 2.5-mln seed round
- CP Daily: Monday February 6, 2023
- Indonesia partners with mining company to plant 30,000 mangroves seedlings
- California carbon market watchdog calls for greater clarity on post-2030 legal authority
- RGGI Market: RGA prices find support following slight annual emissions climb
- Research finds California’s carbon market lowered air pollution disparities in study sample
- RFS Market: RINs sink to two-month low as waivers, credit generation weigh
- EU’s carbon border plans to increase recycling in the steel industry -study
- Talks over EU renewables law break down in row over hydrogen
- VCM Report: Slump in standard N-GEO prices continues, but OTC REDD+ finds a floor
- Polish coal power output to plummet by 2030s, say analysts
- Euro Markets: EUAs slide to one-week low as short covering seen over amid milder weather outlook
- Denmark greenlights its first CCS licenses in the North Sea
- China weighs ETS interventions to ease pressure on emitters -analysts
- Canada releases blueprint for MPA network, as Pew launches high seas protection tool
- European fund to finance Asia-Pacific marine protection projects
- NZ carbon trader launches parliamentary petition urging govt to heed CCC’s ETS advice
- CP Daily: Friday February 3, 2023
- Analysis firm lowers 2023 CCA price forecasts, expects RGGI deficits to continue
- European Commission launches application call for renewal of EU Innovation Fund expert group membership
- Verra withdraws UN rice farming offset methodology for review over integrity concerns
- UPDATE – New US-based platform to sell 10 mln reforestation offsets at low end of price spectrum
- SBTi guidance sees aviation CO2 intensity halve by 2035 to keep warming below 1.5C
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter featuring Carbon Pulse's articles and other bit-sized updates.
CP DAILY NEWSLETTERClick here to sign up for CP Daily, our free newsletter.