Acclimatise is looking for a self-motivated Senior Consultant in Climate Finance with strong technical knowledge of climate change adaptation and resilience, combined with hands-on experience in navigating the operational modalities of climate funds and developing investment-grade adaptation projects.
The cross-cutting nature of Acclimatise climate finance work means that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on Acclimatise’s projects from across its global portfolio and teams.
The first round of applicants will be shortlisted by Friday 6th September 2019 6pm GMT.
About the role:
The role entails extremely varied, fast-paced work that changes from project to project. It will provide you with the opportunity to help unlock finance for building climate resilience where it is the most needed. You may also have the opportunity to travel to interesting places as part of project work.
Take a look here at some of the amazing projects we’ve completed recently – these are the sort of projects you’d be involved with, plus many more.
The role entails the following tasks for which you must be fully qualified:
• Develop client-targeted, analytical approaches, initiatives, projects and products, particularly related to financing the implementation of National Adaptation Plans (NAPs), Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)and other adaptation/resilience processes.
• Design and deliver high quality, innovative and rigorous qualitative and quantitative climate finance research and analysis.
• Identify and design investment-grade adaptation projects and programmes for submission to climate funds by our clients.
• Mentor and support project analysts across the climate finance team in different locations globally, by contributing to the development and execution of analytical approaches related to climate finance.
• Take a proactive role in business development identifying opportunities, proposal writing, management of the delivery of winning bids and other related activities.
• Support knowledge sharing and skill building across the organisation.
• Maintain excellent relations with a selection of key stakeholders and (potential) clients, as agreed with and reporting to the directors.
Essential skills and experience:
• Educated to Masters level in finance, economics, international development or a closely related field.
• Project management experience, as well as strong attention to detail, organisation, time management, and prioritisation skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Relevant experience in climate finance.
• Proven track record and expertise in the design of adaptation projects and programmes for funding under climate funds, e.g. Adaptation Fund, Green Climate Fund, Clean Development Mechanism.
• Experience working on climate change risk management, adaptation, resilience and disaster risk-related topics.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
• Fluency in written and verbal English.
• Ability to travel internationally.
• Proven experience working in a consulting environment.
• Experience working with or for private sector organisations.
• Demonstrated experience in blended finance and impact investing.
• Strong financial modelling skills.
• Existing right to live and work in the UK.
• Fluency (written and verbal) in another language (French, Spanish and/ or Portuguese are preferred).