About Climate Analytics
Climate Analytics is a non-profit climate science and policy institute, established in 2008. We are based in Berlin (Germany) with offices in New York (USA), Lomé (Togo) and Perth (Australia) with staff and associates across Europe, South America, Australia, Africa and Asia. The institute’s mission is to synthesise and advance scientific knowledge in the area of climate change and on this basis provide support and capacity building to stakeholders.
Climate Analytics is a team of scientists and policy analysts with long experience in the international climate change debate. The team is backed by its own and co-developed science-based models to assess and synthesise climate science. By linking scientific and policy analysis, we provide state-of-the-art solutions to global and national climate change policy challenges. Through its unique position at the interface between science, policy and practice, and with its excellent international networks, Climate Analytics provides an exciting working environment with exceptional opportunities for the professional and personal development of each employee.
We are currently seeking a Finance Officer to support and expand our Global Finance Team. The position includes a wide array of tasks, from project accounting and controlling to general bookkeeping. The position is based in Berlin.
As Finance Officer, you will be supporting our Global Finance Team with a wide variety of tasks. Including but not limited to:
• Developing, reviewing and updating budgets in line with funder rules and dynamic project developments
• Preparation of reports internally and externally, reviewing expenditure and revenue and providing analysis and overview to senior staff
• Monitor bank balances, support with preparation of cashflow for global organisation
• Checking invoices and expense claims received, ensuring they are in line with budgets and funder requirements and preparation of outgoing invoices and payment requests to funders.
• Entering data in the project accounting database (MS Access) and maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
• Peer-to-peer support and main point of contact for finance team members based in one of our satellite offices
• Keeping updated on current financial regulations and funders’ rules
• Answer financial/project/tax related questions from the team and management and supporting the other Finance Team members.
• Working closely with Project Managers and Project Development Team as well as communication with project partners, funders and tax advisor
• Degree in accounting or related discipline or equivalent vocational training
• Min. two years professional experience
• Experience in using financial databases, preferably MS Access, and Excel including pivot tables
• Understanding of project accounting and controlling
• Experience in international organisations or in the non-profit sector is a significant advantage
• Fluency in German and English, French would be an asset
• Proven capacity to work independently and under pressure
• Very accurate, structured and reliable
• Team player who is also able to work independently
• A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
• A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our offices are located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
• For the time being, we offer a contract limited to two years. There is a prospect of extension and we are interested in a long-term cooperation.
• We will refund your BVG ticket and offer a company pension plan.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Terms: Fixed term two year contract with perspective of extension
Other requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Claudia Neumann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply by August 18th exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
Interviews will likely be scheduled in the week of August 26th.