In its nationally determined contributions (NDCs), Mexico committed to reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 22 per cent by 2030 relative to BAU levels. Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), the backbone of the Mexican economy, are responsible for around 12 per cent of total GHG emissions in Mexico. By optimising the production process of SMEs, saving opportunities in both electricity use (10-30%) and fuel consumption (5-25%) could be reached and ultimately contributing to the industrial goal of the NDC (ca. 8 MtCO2e in year 2030).
In order to tap part of this potential, the NAMA Support Project (NSP) aims at developing a dynamic and robust market for Energy Efficiency (EE) for SMEs in Mexico with a significant contribution of private capital. The NSP will offer technical and financial assistance to a second implementation phase of an already existing SME-NAMA, to considerably extend its scope by providing financing for more complex EE projects based on energy audits, requiring higher investment costs to address higher energy savings potential. Its financial mechanism aims at harnessing considerable up-scaling opportunities by introducing commercial banks as financial intermediaries and leveraging private capital.
Also, the NSP aims at strengthening the offer for qualified EE services (by certified consulting companies) and overcoming market and financial barriers. The overall NSP´s goal is to implement over 9000 energy efficiency projects within the first four years.
- Management responsibility for a team of approx. nine national and international experts and administrative staff
- Strategic planning, conceptual development, steering, management, monitoring, and evaluation of the program
- Provision of technical guidance of staff or advisors of other implementing organizations
- Partnership and stakeholder management with partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders
- Responsibility of all reports and evaluations established under the scheme of the donor
- Responsibility for financial planning and management and use of funds
- Responsibility of all related administrative processes, including audits for grant agreements with implementing partners
- Ensuring smooth and coherent implementation of the project in the context of the broader portfolio of energy related programs of GIZ in Mexico
- Master’s degree or equivalent in (development) economics, banking / finance, business administration, sustainable energy, engineering, climate change or another related field
- Technical expertise and experience in economic development, financial support programs and financing mechanisms for SME promotion, private sector development, energy efficiency economics and technologies, emission reduction
- Significant professional experience in managing international teams
- Extensive professional experience in managing and implementing complex programmes in the field of international development cooperation / climate protection, within challenging domestic contexts
- Experiences in the implementation of a multi-actor partnership as well as expertise in classical topics of development cooperation and experience in portfolio development
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills with a strong strategical focus; empathy for political decision-making processes high coordination, cooperation and networking skills as well as strong intercultural competence
- Ability to prepare complicated technical contexts and constellations of interests verbally and in writing for political decision makers
- Affinity to digital innovation and digitalization strategies, gender and anti-corruption practices.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, knowledge of German is desired
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 6196 79 3200