At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
IndigoCarbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. The Terraton Initiative is working to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
The Manager of Commercial and Data Systems Enablement will be responsible for the end-to-end data quality of our carbon credits. Fundamentally, carbon credits are a data product – the credit is only as valuable as the quality of the data that supports the claim that a ton of CO2e has been removed from the atmosphere. At Indigo, we aspire to have the most rigorous, transparent, credible carbon claims in the world. The data that supports these claims will be sourced from farmers, Indigo Agronomists, satellites, 3rd parties, and publicly available data. If you are excited about being the business owner of a multi-faceted, multi-stakeholder data flow that will enable the world’s most hopeful solution to climate change, this role could be a perfect fit.
This role will report to the Head of Carbon Operations.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Own the end-to-end data quality that forms the foundation of Indigo’s carbon credits – from Salesforce to on-farm data to our proprietary satellite platforms
- Own relationships with myriad cross-functional partners who all play roles in gathering carbon data (e.g., from sales reps to agronomists to our Geoinnovation team), and leverage these relationships to ensure other teams are supporting the highest-integrity carbon data possible
- Act as the “business owner” for IndigoCarbon as new data collection tools and processes are developed to ensure both high-integrity data and low-cost data acquisition
- Manage the rollout of new data carbon collection processes
- Manage data trainings for all cross-functional partners involved in carbon data
- Ability to become the “data czar” for carbon (i.e., become the go-to authority for each and every data link across the Carbon org)
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, multi-functional scientific project team
- Strong interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Extremely detail oriented
- Highly analytical with strong Excel skills
- Passion for data and data integrity
- Comfortable with large and non-homogeneous datasets
- Systems mindset
- “Quantitative doer”
- Passion for translating ambiguity into clear systems and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and natural empathy, with the ability to go into the field and connect with those teams
- Deep commitment to Indigo’s mission, with a particular focus on climate change
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience on a Data team, ideally in fast-paced organizations
- BA/BS with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics)
- Some SQL/programming language experience
- Experience in a cross-functional field with quantitative scientists and data managers
- Experience in data management and data version control
- Experience with articulating product questions and pulling data from datasets
- Based in Boston