Job Title: Registry Administrator (two openings)
Start Date: Q4 2019
Reports to: Verra Registry Manager
A global leader in helping to tackle the world’s most intractable environmental challenges, Verra seeks two Registry Administrators to join its Registry team. The ideal candidates will possess excellent customer service skills, a strong work ethic, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a high attention to detail.
With the signing of the Paris Agreement and increased focus on the Sustainable Development Goals, Verra has seen increasing demand for its standards that allow governments, the private sector, civil society and investors to track progress and drive funding towards achieving ambitious sustainable development, climate and environmental goals. In response to that demand, we are expanding our work into new arenas and growing our team to serve new and existing stakeholders.
Verra currently manages a number of global standards frameworks. These include the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) Program and its Jurisdictional and Nested REDD+ framework (JNR), the Verra California Offset Project Registry (OPR), the Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards, and the Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta). Verra is also developing new standards frameworks, including LandScale, which will promote and measure sustainability outcomes across agricultural landscapes, which is being developed with a range of partners.
All of these frameworks require a registry to achieve their programmatic objectives. We are making the transition from a multi-registry system administered by outsourced providers to a single registry administered directly by Verra staff. The new, in-housed Registry is expected to be operational in January 2020.
Verra is seeking two Registry Administrators to handle all day-to-day registry functions of the newly in-housed Registry. They will:
- Support registry users with opening and using their accounts, including creating new project records, and issuing, transferring and retiring VCUs and other units.
- Process Know-Your-Customer (KYC) checks on new registry account applications.
- Respond to accountholder enquiries and registry-related requests, maintaining high standards of registry user satisfaction at all times.
- Coordinate closely with the Verra program team to ensure project listing, registration, and issuance requests are processed efficiently.
- Review documents submitted by accountholders for completeness and accuracy.
- Draft financial reports and assist in market data management and analysis.
- Coordinate with the Verra finance team to track and process accountholder invoices.
We are seeking candidates who excel at being highly responsive to stakeholders, possess a strong work ethic, and possess a strong attention to detail. The following qualifications are required:
- At least three years of work experience.
- Strong customer-service and communication skills, with an emphasis on interacting with stakeholders in a highly responsive and professional manner, even under high-pressure situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and to work quickly and accurately, delivering to multiple deadlines.
- A willingness to occasionally work off-hours, including weekends and holidays, as demand for Registry services may require.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and visualizing data, identifying trends, and communicating results of analysis; advanced Excel skills would be considered an asset.
- Culturally aware with ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different cultures.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in another language is desirable (particularly Spanish).
- Existing understanding of Verra registry system purpose and functionality.
- Experience working in environmental, sustainable development and/or international development organizations.
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Verra has established pay bands that are based on market data for comparable positions for each of its jobs. These bands express a salary range and provide a reference point for offers to new hires, raises within a job, and for promotions from one job to another. For the Registry Administrator position, the salary range is $64,233 – $74,216 USD.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
All applications should be submitted to Sara Mickens at email@example.com and will be considered on a rolling basis.