Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is currently looking for an:
for 32 to 40 hours a week
based in Utrecht, the Netherlands
Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing organization and, at the same make impact in regard to climate issues? Can you combine business and idealism? Do you want to work for an organization where challenges differ every day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
A climate neutral world; that is the ambition of the Climate Neutral Group. We achieve this by guiding organizations through the process of reducing their climate impact. Climate Neutral Group is a company where financial results and social impact go together. The organization’s culture is a unique mix of professionalism, focus on results and social involvement.
The Climate Neutral Group team consists of professionals with a passion for sustainability. More information can be found at: www.climateneutralgroup.com.
Tasks of the Impact Specialist
Many of the activities of Climate Neutral Group start with the calculation of the carbon footprint of an organization or the Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) of a product. These calculations are indicative as to where the largest CO2 reduction can be achieved and how progress (of reductions) can best be monitored. The Impact Specialist decides how the calculations are carried out, throughout the chain. Choices related to emission factors, scopes and boundaries are made transparent. You advise your colleagues and customers, as well as the Management Team (MT), about the consequences of these decisions, e.g. the use of green electricity, biofuels, etc. You are pragmatic, use existing knowledge or create new models e.g. with Simapro. Further substantive development of the Standard of Climate Neutral Group is also part of your tasks. In addition, you represent Climate Neutral Group in various national and international working groups.
Experience & knowledge
You have demonstrable experience as an expert and / or consultant in the field of CO2 footprinting and LCA formulation, especially in the food sector and / or in the non-food and service sector. You can collaborate with strong professionals. You advise the MT and Sales team on the emission factors to be followed. You contribute to the development of CNG’s vision and the Standard Klimaatneutraal. You regularly visit customers, together with sales colleagues. You have experience with (online) calculation models in the field of CO2 footprinting and LCA formulation.
• Completed (technical) education at university level.
• 5-7 years of experience in technical consultancy, certification or standardization.
• Experience with LCAs, footprinting and knowledge of relevant standards (e.g. GHG Protocols and applicable ISO norms).
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills combined with a pragmatic, hands-on mentality.
• You are able to switch easily between different disciplines and levels in external organizations.
• You have the ability to master new fields and applications quickly.
• You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
• You have knowledge of climate impact, and sincere commitment to sustainability is a plus.
• You are entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and driven.
• You are a team player but know how to function independently in a small organization with great ambitions.
• You have demonstrable affinity with IT and web applications.
• It’s not a problem for you to travel by public transport.
More information and application procedure
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands will be considered.
We are aware that we recruit in the summer vacation period. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unable to attend on the dates below due to a planned holiday.
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than July 14 by e-mail at Sollicitatie@climateneutralgroup.com, mentioning Impact Specialist in the subject line.
Kindly highlight in your CV where and when you have worked on LCAs, certifications and CO2 calculations, and please state in your motivation letter why you want to develop yourself further as an expert in this field and why you want to support your colleagues with this.
The first round of interviews is scheduled for July 22 and 23, 2019.
The second round of interviews is scheduled for July 25.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Freelancers are also invited to apply
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.