Care about climate change? An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Conference Producer to manage the organisation of Europe’s flagship carbon market events.
Carbon Forward Events is a joint venture between news and intelligence firm Carbon Pulse and expert risk management and consultancy Redshaw Advisors.
Companies with exposure to the numerous global carbon markets need to understand how they work and how they are changing, while managing the cost and regulatory risks associated with international climate policy and its constantly evolving landscape.
Carbon Forward gathers hundreds of carbon market and climate policy professionals annually in London over three days to discuss these and other critical issues, and to help companies navigate in an uncertain world.
This year, Carbon Forward held its first in a series of regional conferences. Adopting an abbreviated format, Carbon Fast Forward brings the same level of information and insight from renowned industry experts to different corners of Europe.
We are looking for an experienced Conference Producer to manage and coordinate the planning for Carbon Forward and Carbon Fast Forward events.
This role presents a rare opportunity for someone with experience in conference planning, who may also be passionate about climate change or keen to gain experience in carbon and energy markets and climate policy.
This is a full-time role, though flexibility will be required as your working hours will vary throughout the year based on the conference timetable. For instance, with the main Carbon Forward event scheduled each autumn, your workload could be moderate in March-May, heavier in June-October, and lighter from November-February.
This role is ideal for someone needing a degree of flexibility from their employer. It is based in or around London, though much of the work can be done remotely.
Limited international travel may be required.
- Manage production of Carbon Forward and Carbon Fast Forward, including all administrative, marketing, speaker liaison, and logistical matters
- Create planning and marketing timelines and coordinate with Redshaw Advisors and Carbon Pulse to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage the conferences’ online content and ticket booking facility
- Develop sponsorship packages and secure corporate sponsors
- Manage and negotiate logistical bookings for venues, catering, AV, and anything else
- Manage the development of the conference agenda through coordination with Carbon Pulse and Redshaw Advisors
- Manage and produce the physical conference programme including collecting speaker photos and bios
- Oversee registration and payment/invoicing processes, and maintain attendee records
- Manage all marketing and conference communications including sales calls, inquiries, and pre- and post-conference emails.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns through targeted mediums such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Develop and distribute conference evaluation to attendees and collate feedback and recommendations/critiques in a post-event report
- Attend the event to oversee all operations and take responsibility for resolving any issues
- Take on other conference-related tasks to support and assist your colleagues when required
- Identify other business opportunities for Carbon Forward and Carbon Fast Forward, including those beyond Europe
Skills & Experience Required
- You will have at least 3 years experience in conference production and have a commercial mindset
- You are flexible with regards to the needs of the role, able to work longer hours when required
- You’re able to work both from home and from one of our London offices (in zones 2 or 3)
- You display top-notch problem-solving and research skills
- You’re an efficient self-starter that works well both alone and in a group
- You can develop and adhere to schedules, manage your workload, and coordinate the contributions of others
- You have managed the development of marketing strategies and materials, and have successfully executed marketing campaigns
- You have a confident, enthusiastic demeanour, with the ability to market the conference by phone and to build professional relationships with speakers, sponsors, and attendees
- You are keen to take on other conference-related tasks to support and assist your colleagues when required
Other Competencies Sought
- You’re interested in climate change and energy and carbon markets
- Graphic design and/or website design skills would be a major asset
- You have some experience in developing and negotiating sponsorship packages
- You have managed or had some involvement in conference website planning and design coordination
Location: London (working from home or one of our two London offices)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: July 31, though interviews may begin before that
Start date: August/September 2019
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com