Do you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a (Senior) Emissions Market Analyst (m/f/d) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a (Senior) Emissions Market Analyst:
- Conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis to support traders, and play an active role in developing (EU ETS) emissions market trading strategies
- Keep track of the latest market and policy developments, identify key fundamental drivers and regime shifts (e.g., emissions balance, fuel switching, politics), develop price views and sensitivity analyses, and provide related communication and advice to traders through various communication channels
- Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
- Interface with supporting functions on business-driven model development and policy analysis
- Lead and mentor junior analysts
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
- Educate traders in relevant (EU ETS) emission market and policy topics.
Our ideal (Senior) Emissions Market Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree or higher in, e.g., business, economics, engineering, mathematics, physics or other relevant quantitative subject
- 3+ years’ experience in (EU ETS) emission market analysis in a commercial or trading environment at market research companies, energy companies, banks, or hedge funds with a proven track record
- Experience with fundamental and quantitative models for the (EU ETS) emission market, and ability to steer business-driven model development and policy analysis in the respective supporting functions
- Additional experience in other energy commodities, esp. thermal coal or green certificates clearly advantageous
- Strong statistical, analytical, and modelling skills
- Strong computer programming (e.g., VBA or Python) and database management skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share your knowledge
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and talented individuals who want to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 40 79022 7788.
We look forward to receiving your application!