Location: Oxford, UK
Type: Full-time, permanent – multiple roles available
Reporting to: Director of Business Development
ClimateCare is a Profit with Purpose business which works with forward-thinking organisations to help turn their climate responsibilities into positive outcomes.
Since 1997, ClimateCare and its partners have cut over 32.6 million tonnes of CO₂ and improved quality of life for more than 33.5 million people around the world.
We have more than 20 years’ experience as a leader in the global carbon markets and climate change sector. We work with major public and private sector clients to fund sustainable development projects that reduce carbon emissions at scale, measurably increase quality of life and deliver towards the UN Global Goals. ClimateCare also advises on a range of climate change mitigation and adaptation subjects, from large scale implementation to national climate change policies.
ClimateCare’s award-winning team use their extensive experience to design, structure finance for and deliver impactful projects around the world.
ClimateCare develops cost-efficient, high impact, Climate+Care programmes to tackle poverty, improve health, and protect the environment.
ClimateCare is currently ranked the number one B Corp in the UK – B Corp is a global movement of more than 2,500 purpose-driven companies that are using business as a force for good. ClimateCare operates globally from offices in Oxford, UK, Kenya and India.
We are now entering an exciting phase of growth.
ClimateCare are looking for an outstanding individual to join the newly formed Business Development team.
We’re a team built to drive ClimateCare forward. We’re focused, energetic and specialise in programmes designed to create positive outcomes at scale.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, we’re looking for an individual who can get to grips with the specific demands of the voluntary carbon market quickly, and lead the creation of Climate+Care programmes with our prospects.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling carbon credits and/or GHG reporting services to the private sector but candidates with the ability to demonstrate an ability to develop an in-depth understanding of this sector will also be considered.
You’ll need to be highly organised and have experience of leading business development with large corporations as well as working within a fast-moving and quality focused entrepreneurial environment. Management experience is a plus but not a must at this stage.
We’re also looking for someone with the potential to grow with ClimateCare. You’ll focus on learning how we work with our partners and leading on building significant new partnerships in your first year. We are looking for someone who has the potential to take on a leadership role, helping to set our strategic course and manage a small business development team to maximum effectiveness.
- Lead on ‘one off’ outbound approaches: our market is fast moving, and companies we’d love to work with announce new climate ambitions regularly. You’d identify these, and coordinate our approach and opportunity development.
- Manage ClimateCare’s inbound pipeline: as one of the most respected organisations in our sector, large corporations and governments get in touch with ClimateCare every day. You’ll manage this pipeline of opportunities, coordinate the wider team and lead on our responses.
- Build sector specific approaches: you’ll work with the rest of the team to help build focused approaches to specific sectors.
- Develop and deliver proposals: you’ll be responsible for developing proposals with the wider team and delivering them on time and to an exceptional, professional standard.
- Lead presentations: you’ll develop and lead presentations for prospective partners
- Manage our CRM system: you’ll be responsible for ensuring our CRM system is used effectively as well as reporting progress against team targets to management, and using this information to suggest how we can improve.
- Management experience is a plus but not a must at this stage: we’re looking for someone who can grow with ClimateCare, and the ideal candidate will have the potential to take on a leadership role in future.
- A proactive, enthusiastic approach with lots of potential to grow
- A track record of leading business development with large businesses and multi-national organisations, ideally in the Sustainability space
- Results and execution/performance Results and execution driven character
- Successful new business development background coupled with a solid understanding of business processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and networking skills which allow you to build positive relationships and influence potential partners and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build and develop professional business relationships at a senior level
- Exceptional customer focused commitment.
- The ability to identify short & long term prospect needs and translate these into revenue opportunities.
- An organised and analytical approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in climate change and development and close personal alignment with ClimateCare’s mission.
Share our passion and think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the perfect fit for this role to email@example.com.
Applications for this position close at 1700 on Sunday 30th June.
We look forward to hearing from you!