We are looking for a market analyst to join our established energy analytics team in London (UK) or Karlsruhe (Germany).
You will be involved in producing qualitative and quantitative analysis related to the European carbon market and communicating to an expert audience.
Your tasks range from analysing policy changes and their impact on the demand and supply side of the EU ETS to price forecasting, data assessment and model development. You will combine your excellent numerical understanding with qualitative analysis to add value for our customers.
You will be part of an international team, which requires occasional travel within the EU. As of day one, you will be tasked with challenging analytics projects and be in contact with customers and prospects across the EU energy landscape.
- Deliver ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analysis, reacting to changing market parameters
- Provide short-, mid- and long-term forecasts for the European carbon market
- Cover policy developments in the EU and its member states with the focus on carbon and energy markets
- Explain our analysis to clients and other market participants (includes quantitative analysis like model results)
- Building up and nurturing a wide network of industry contacts
- Represent ICIS on fairs & conferences or in customer meetings
- Previous relevant professional experience in the carbon/energy sector, preferably in a consultancy or analytics provider
- Analytical mind-set, critical thinking, and affinity to energy markets
- Proactive approach and ability to steer projects at one’s own initiative
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- High level of numerical accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluent written and spoken English, German advantageous
- Experience with Highcharts, MySQL databases and Python advantageous
- Bachelor/Master degree in relevant area
- A vibrant environment working alongside a dynamic and motivated team
- Exposure to key players in the European power and carbon market
- Personal development opportunities working for the global leader in carbon market analytics
- Active involvement and responsibility from the start
- Flexibility and trust as part of our corporate culture