The Business Development Manager will have strong commercial acumen and play a pivotal role in Carbonsink’s growth strategy in Europe. They will report directly to the Managing Directors.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling carbon credits and GHG reporting services to the private sector. Furthermore, they will have a good understanding of carbon neutrality standards and overall strong sustainability marketing knowledge, as well as understanding supply chain product climate impacts.
To be considered for the role, the candidate must have a technical understanding of carbon markets. This includes knowledge in the project development process of carbon mitigation, as well as understanding of standards such as VERs and CERs.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for analyzing client needs and presenting solutions in a timely manner and with the highest standards. This includes the preparation of proposals and presentations, working very closely with the consultants and marketing teams.
This role can be based in one of the main European cities such as Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, etc.
- Good business sense, successfully delivered sales-led growth for a business providing climate action solutions and services
- Strong Network in the European Companies involved in climate change strategies implementation and successful track record in closing significant deals with such companies
- In deep knowledge of Carbon Credits market
- Results and execution driven character
- Demonstrated experience in working alone in the field
- Demonstrated experience in direct field sales
- Deep understanding of marketing principles
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in English language, written and oral
- Willingness to travel
- Negotiate and close deals with existing and new clients
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of specific marketing and communication materials
- Writing reports and Proposal
- Providing management with feedback
- Represent Carbonsink in meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows
- Engage with larger corporates in the EU region, particularly those that are interest in developing and financing climate mitigation projects and purchase high quality offsets
- Support Carbonsink in developing innovative products and services
- Engage with international donor, development banks and impact funds to co-finance l climate / biodiversity programs develop by Carbonsink
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org