Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Winrock International Welcomes Applicants from all geographic regions of the world.
Winrock is seeking suitable candidates for Private Sector Partnership Lead for a Washington DC based project to mobilize investment for climate resilience in developing countries. The Private Sector Partnership Lead within the Clean Energy, Environment, and Water group. This role works closely with the Project Director to develop partnerships, build institutional capacity, identify and leverage new funding streams, and mobilize private sector investments into climate adaptation projects in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Prospective applicants must have at least 7 years of prior experience with developing partnerships with the private sector and financial service providers internationally and in developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Develop partnerships with private sector entities to pilot investments that include climate adaptation and resilience,
- Lead a small team of experts comprised of project partners, Winrock staff, and in-country consultants aimed to accomplish the following:
- Build institutional capacity to understand and manage climate risk
- Provide analysis of banking and financial institutions’ lending processes and portfolio management procedures and make recommendations on incorporating climate risk management
- Develop and manage trainings for banks and financial institutions
- As part of a team, provide technical assistance, analysis, and trainings to enable investors to access climate funds, concessional financing, loan guarantees, and commercial financing for resilience projects,
- Facilitate resilience financing for MSMEs through partnerships and other mechanisms with local banks and financial institutions,
- Encourage incorporation of resilience into sustainability goals of leading private sector companies.
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required,
- Provide leadership to effectively integrate strategies, approaches, and partnerships at the regional and country level,
- Identify potential new business opportunities,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
- At least 7 years of experience working with banks, impact investors, or other private sector actors on finance, public-private partnerships or other investments in agriculture, forestry, and infrastructure
- Institutional capacity building and training
- Strong working knowledge of social finance trends, innovative deal structures, and investment vehicles in global development
- Working knowledge of climate change adaptation and resilience initiatives led by UN bodies, bi-/multi-lateral donors, and multilateral development banks
- Experience with U.S. Government funded programs preferred.
Master’s degree in finance, business, environment, natural resource management, resource economics, agriculture, or related international development field
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Experience working in Asia, Africa, and Latin America
- Experience in impact investment, project finance and securitization, and public private partnerships
- Experience implementing programs that build institutional capacity
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract
- Excellent management, communications, administrative, and organizational skills, particularly related to managing complex institutional relationships and interactions among a variety of entities
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational and networking role as well as interacting with local stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Candidates must be fluent in English. Additional desirable languages are Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Indonesian.
For further details and to apply, click here.