Director, Stakeholder Relations and Reporting
XM2 Senior Manager 2
Department of Sustainable Development
Stakeholder Relations and Reporting, Climate & Green Plan Implementation Office
Advertisement Number: 34999
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: June 9, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Government of Manitoba is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Director, Stakeholder Relations and Reporting within the new Climate and Green Plan Office. The Climate and Green Plan vision is to become Canada’s greenest, cleanest and most climate resilient province. It integrates environmental and economic objectives, and includes comprehensive actions across four pillars – addressing climate change, strengthening our economy, preserving clean water, and conserving our natural environment. The Implementation Office is established to deliver a whole of government approach required to address the urgency of climate change which requires action across all government departments and across all sectors of the economy.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full-stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to travel with occasional overnight accommodations
- Public management experience at a senior level with a degree related to climate change or sustainable development. Demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively build and lead teams, including those outside of one’s direct work organizations.
- Strong political acumen skills demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on sensitive issues.
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, maintain partnerships and foster collaboration with diverse internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Financial management and budgetary experience.
- Extensive human resource management experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing effective sustainable development strategies in a public sector setting, including performance metrics and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in climate change mitigation and adaptation practices.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in French
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, this position is accountable for leading the stakeholder engagement, performance tracking and reporting, and communications activities of the Climate and Green Plan Implementation Office. The Director will establish and deliver governance structures within the Government of Manitoba as well as with liaise, as needed, various stakeholders across Manitoba, Canada and internationally, including other governments, industry, non-governmental organizations, academia and the public. The Director will also support policy analysis, as needed, related to implementation of the Climate and Green Plan, including its Climate, Jobs, Water and Nature pillars.
Advertisement # 34999
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3G 3P2
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.