Your working field
For ICAP’s Secretariat based in Berlin, Germany, we are now seeking to recruit a climate policy and carbon markets analyst. In a small international and dynamic team, the selected candidate will work across the different ICAP work streams, under the guidance of the ICAP Co-Chairs and senior staff at the ICAP Secretariat.
- Analyze global ETS developments and specific aspects relating to ETS design and implementation worldwide, including their relationship to broader climate policy issues, preparing briefings and analytical papers as required.
- Contribute to and/or lead the development of ICAP knowledge products, in collaboration with ICAP members, colleagues at the Secretariat and external experts.
- Support ICAP’s international capacity-building activities on emissions trading.
- Contribute to the planning and organization of ICAP meetings and other events, in collaboration with colleagues in the Secretariat.
- Represent the ICAP Secretariat at carbon market events, meetings and relevant fora as required.
- Advanced university degree in economics, international relations, law or political science, with a specialization in climate policy, environmental economics or law, or related fields.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in research/ consultancy, government or international organizations on topics of climate policy and carbon markets.
- In-depth knowledge of politics and economics of domestic and international carbon markets and their relationship with international climate policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Spoken and written fluency in English is required. Fluency in German is desirable. Other languages, especially Spanish, would be an asset.
- A track record of team work and proven ability to produce high-quality and timely results and outputs with limited supervision.
The selected candidate will be employed with adelphi, a Berlin-based think tank that lends scientific and organizational support to the ICAP Secretariat.
- You will be part of a flexible organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture.
- An attractive working place centrally located near Potsdamer Platz in Berlin Mitte which is easily reachable by public transportation.
- We prioritise sustainability in our own work and employees come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Our working language is English.