Finite Carbon is the leading developer and supplier of forest carbon offsets in North America with more than 3 million acres under carbon management. Finite Carbon is seeking a Director for its Canadian operations to coordinate Finite’s expanding Canadian forest offset development services. The candidate will join a team of 12 employees including 9 full-time foresters which provide unmatched technical expertise and implementation capabilities to support this expansion.
Finite Carbon offers an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to learn with and from a team of forest and offset industry veterans and to participate in the success of the business. Finite Carbon has a wide range of clients including Native American communities and First Nations, environmental non-profits, families, forest investors, and forest products companies. We are proud to work as an advocate on behalf of this diverse group of forest owners and stakeholders and are committed to integrity and fair dealing in all our business interactions. As such, Finite Carbon expects potential candidates to hold these same values in high regard.
• Fully establish Finite’s business and brand in Canada.
• Expand Finite’s Canadian carbon network contacts including government agencies, forestry consultants, and landowners.
• Monitor and participate in provincial and federal-level carbon pricing policy with emphasis on development and adoption of forest carbon offset protocols.
• Work with Finite’s business development team to identify forest offset project opportunities.
• Work with Finite’s project development team to conduct feasibility studies to estimate project performance and valuation of forest carbon assets for new and existing clients.
• Prepare and present forest offset project proposals to existing and prospective clients.
• Manage Finite’s portfolio of Canadian forest carbon offset projects.
• Travel to project sites, conferences, and team training meetings.
• B.S. degree in forestry, natural resources management, or natural resources policy.
• Graduate level degree in one of the above fields preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (3 OUT OF 7 REQUIRED)
• 5 to 8 years in forestry/natural resources consulting or related experience working with forest products industry, forest planning and operations, timber management, and/or forest product sales.
• 3 to 5 years in natural resources policy.
• 3 to 5 years in government, indigenous, and/or community relations.
• 3 to 5 years in carbon project origination.
• 3 to 5 years in forest carbon project development, i.e., carbon inventory design, GIS, growth and yield modeling, project documentation, and verification management.
• 3 to 5 years in carbon offset standards and protocols development.
• 3 to 5 years in financial investment analysis with focus on forest investments preferred.
• Ability to actively listen among a diverse set of cultures and stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time to meet deadlines.
• Canadian and/or US professional forester credential including provincial or state registration preferred.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package. Location is flexible, but there is a strong preference for Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta.
For more information, please review our website at www.finitecarbon.com. Interested candidates should submit their application consisting of cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
Finite Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.