This position will provide an expert level of leadership in the matter of GHG accounting and reporting for BP’s downstream segment including Refining, Petrochemicals, Lubricants, Fuels, and Offsetting services.
The role will be accountable for the downstream GHG accounting and reporting systems, including data management, foot printing, trend analysis and forecasting, definitions and reporting requirements for all downstream functions for internal performance management and external disclosures.
It will also establish systems, protocols and capability development to help support medium term (10 year) reporting requirements and represent the company in the development of relevant GHG accounting protocols and reporting methodologies to continually improve internal performance needs, align with and support external developments.
Req ID: 98009BR
Job category: Business Support
Sub-category: Business Process Improvement
Countries (State/Region): United Kingdom – South East
- Be the single point of accountability for setting the methodology, continual improvement and maintenance of robust GHG accounting and reporting for Downstream with alignment to Group GHG methodology.
- Oversee GHG accounting and reporting for products and services, emission reduction activities and offsets.
- Develop the GHG measurement tools and calculators to enable each relevant business units to quantify the carbon impact of specific projects
- Lead the update and then maintain Downstream’s GHG reporting requirements aligned with international GHG protocols, industry methodologies, disclosure requirements and agree applicability and requirements for Downstream emissions in BP including comparability across the BP Group.
- Lead the development and utilise the most relevant data management, visualisation and analytical tools to complete GHG data analyses, performance trends and forecasting.
- Work with inputs from other subject matter experts, author reports to communicate internal performance, corporate overview of progress of GHG commitments and provide content for external disclosures (which include annual and sustainability reporting, benchmarking and others). As part of this work lead and improve GHG data QA processes.
- Work across the different teams to monitor and report the Downstream’s performance against existing GHG commitments/targets, help developing future performance recommendations, providing combined analysis and insights to inform and recommend interventions
- Provide input and technical insights to inform the Group Strategy’s view of GHG risks.
- Represent BP at relevant external meetings to consult and assist with improvements to GHG accounting and performance reporting and present at relevant conferences/ meetings to share knowledge and promote learnings.
Essential Education: N/A
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least 10 years’ experience in the relevant field of GHG accounting and reporting.
- Experience and expertise in implementing and improving GHG accounting practices, reporting protocols and standards.
- Experience of GHG management in organizations, products and services, in particular experience with collection and interpretation of GHG data including establishing GHG boundaries and scopes.
- Strong track record of data analytics, including quantitative and qualitative GHG data analysis, visualisation, trends and insights.
- Evaluation and trend analysis of complex data sets including the ability to deliver quality assured results and communicate key messages from such analysis.
- Understanding of the climate science context for this role in BP and more widely.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional capacity and generate respect and recognition for the contribution of BP to GHG reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary and global team;
- Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders and adapt approaches to generate buy-in from different audiences, internal and external to the company.
- Ability to ‘maximising value’ by identifying opportunities and implementing them which benefit both the short and long term.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI a plus.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location): N/A
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Negligible travel
Is this a part time position? No
Application close date: 25-Mar-2019