Carbon Forward is launching a series of regional European carbon market conferences to help delve deeper into the issues affecting companies with exposure to the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS).
Building on the success of the annual Carbon Forward global carbon markets conference, Carbon Fast Forward’s condensed one-day seminars will bring the level of insight and expertise you’ve come to expect at our flagship London event to the different corners of Europe, helping attendees manage the risks and opportunities in the EU ETS – with a focus on what to expect in Phase 4 (2021-2030).
The inaugural Carbon Fast Forward conference will take place on April 11 in Athens and cater to representatives from companies across the Mediterranean and Southeastern Europe.
The event will cover major topics and examine how the industry can survive and thrive in the world’s biggest carbon market amid a 300% increase in EU carbon prices over past two years to above €20.
EUAs are widely predicted to climb further over the next decade, bringing into sharper focus attempts by governments in the region to manage tight public finances in their efforts to foster the development of big-emitting industries, all while keeping consumer energy bills down.
This inaugural event will take place at the spectacular Electra Metropolis Hotel in the Greek capital.
Among the experts joining event partners Carbon Pulse and Redshaw Advisors will be:
- Socrates Famellos, Alternate Minister of Environment and Energy, Greece (invited)
- Matteo Mazzoni, senior analyst – power and carbon analytics, ICIS
- Boris Lagadinov, managing consultant – energy, Navigant Europe
- Nikos Mantzaris, The Green Tank
- Melina Boneva, European Commission, EU ETS Innovation Fund (invited)
- Changes coming to the EU ETS in Phase 4
- How free allocations are affected by the ETS reforms
- Innovation Fund: how to unlock carbon-cutting technology funding from Brussels
- Offsetting: the case for neutralising your carbon footprint
- Paris Agreement update – where is climate legislation heading?
- How EU carbon prices are forecast
- What the future holds for EUA including the prospects for price intervention
- How to cope with carbon cost pass-through into electricity prices
TICKETS: Secure your place now to take advantage of our limited number of discounted Super Early Bird passes!
SPEAKERS/SPONSORS: To inquire about opportunities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Athens in April!