The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), the association that represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies, has an outstanding opportunity for an Analyst, Clean Energy.
The Analyst, Clean Energy will provide strategic and tactical support for key departmental activities and initiatives. Will provide member companies and EEI teams policy leadership and technical expertise on issues related to clean and renewable energy, distributed generation, energy storage, and microgrid issues by providing market intelligence and conducting industry research. Will track legislation, regulations, op-eds, academic studies, etc. and provide summaries of studies and reports. Will assist in the development of publications. Will provide information that supports EEI’s objectives by writing issue briefs, preparing presentations, developing critical analyses, etc. Will also work with EEI team to build and manage relationships with members and working teams, help identify and evaluate opportunities and challenges around increasing electric company engagement, and represent EEI in external workgroups and meetings.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience working with market research and policy analysis, electric utility companies and/or relevant stakeholder groups experience preferred.
- Minimum of BS or BA in business, finance, economics, engineering, law, or market-related discipline.
- Familiarity with the electricity industry and its issues, including renewable energy and grid modernization.
- Capable of independent research, have good analytical skills and be a good written and oral communicator, as well as pay attention to detail.
- Collaborative attitude, an ability to ask questions, and a willingness to dig in and learn about important and evolving topics.
- Ability to manipulate large datasets and databases and excellent use of Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills, with proven track record of meeting deadlines. Exceptional project and process management skills.