The Edison Electric Institute (EEI), the association that represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies, has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis & Business Analytics.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis & Business Analytics will contribute to the production of the financial and non-financial, data intensive, industry publications. Financial publications include the Annual Financial Review, Quarterly Financial Updates, and capital expenditure releases. The Senior Analyst will support stakeholders including member companies, the financial investment community, and industry consultants. In addition, the Senior Analyst will provide EEI staff and members with information that supports their objectives that might include regulatory filings, advocacy efforts, presentations, critical analyses, and other industry communications. This position will also maintain and develop industry datasets using spreadsheet, statistical, and econometric software, and produce analyses or reports from these as required. Will also research, analyze and summarize issues of relevance to the electric industry.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum three years of subject matter and/or industry experience.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or related engineering discipline required. Having or working towards a CFA, MBA, or related master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of the electric industry.
- Strong customer focus.
- Must be able to conduct research independently and in conjunction with others.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to problem-solve.
- Must have strong math, writing and organizational skills.
- Strong preference for experience with energy sector and financial statements.