Head of Sales (Carbon Trading) – Oxford – £50-70k (NEG) plus commission and package
My client is a is a very successful innovative start-up company (funding in place) based in Oxfordshire, UK. Their aim is to restore the world’s ecosystem by scaling up tree planting using data, drone technology and science. Their mission is to enable global scale ecosystem restoration by planting billions of trees. They are looking for a Sales Lead who has experience of closing $10m contracts which have a sales cycle of between 1-12 months. Ideally coming from either Oil and Gas or Mining sectors or similar light enterprise. The role will require someone who can “DO” and who has the ability to develop internal processes such as Document Development, Contracts, Proposals and Product Marketing. We need a Hunter Gatherer who can Network and has the skills to be able to identify the decision makers. This role will involve travel to the Australia and Myanmar. Previous experience of Carbon Trading Sales is ideal.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Sales to join our fast-growing team based in Oxfordshire.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for:
• Prepare and deliver a business development plan focusing both on short and long-term sales drives
• Lead sales initiatives to secure business restoring large-scale land regeneration
• Prepare tender submissions and proposals for winning new work
• Implement an integrated approach with clients globally liaising internally with R&D, Data and Engineering teams based in the UK
• Evaluate project wins to identify further opportunities
• Work with customers and partners to develop project plans which achieve mutually agreed objectives
• Achieve specific targets and objectives for existing and new clients
• Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales updates and forecasts
• Deliver and manage global demand plan
• Attend & participate in heads of divisions meetings
• Manage a small team of sales leads
Skills and experience:
• Proven track record in Sales, Marketing and/or client relationship management (ideally within a energy/renewable environment)
• Expert understanding of targeting and opportunity management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives
• Strong experience developing client propositions and excellent project management skills
• Client focused with strong relationship skills
• Proactive with a positive can-do approach.
• Team player; able to actively contribute and participate as a member of the Leadership Team.
• Hard working, passionate about the difference we can make
• The ability to form networks with partners and staff at all levels and influence effectively.
• A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware
• Excellent influencing and powerful communication skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Strong project management skills particularly working with multiple stakeholders globally
• A dynamic, self-starter who seeks to innovate and can work effectively as part of a virtual team.
• The ability to build relationships and communicate with a wide range of people at a senior level
• Tenacity and robustness, when working across different teams and facing business challenges and an ability to challenge stakeholders
• Location Oxford, but must be able to work globally for long periods of time (3/4 weeks)
• This is a full-time role and relocation is available for the right person
• Ideally someone with previous experience in working within ecosystems or someone with energy or renewables sector knowledge
• Right to work in Europe preferable