Gold Standard is a standard and certification body that stands for the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. Established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered on the dual mandate to foster sustainable development. Gold Standard now has more than 80 NGO supporters and 1400+ projects in over 80 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide. Find out more: www.goldstandard.org
Gold Standard’s ambition is to make credible impact quantification and certification mainstream. Moving beyond carbon markets, Gold Standard for the Global Goals is now bringing to market two new certification pathways for corporate supply chain investments and for impact investment funds. SustainCERT – the official certification body for Gold Standard for the Global Goals – is in the process of being established and will host all corporate business development activities from Q2 2019 onwards.
We are seeking a US Director to manage and expand our portfolio of partners and clients in the US. Reporting to the Gold Standard Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director, US Corporate Partnerships & Business Development, is responsible for all corporate engagement activities in the US. The successful candidate will help forge new corporate relationships to build GSF’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
The Director, US Corporate Partnerships & Business Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow the initial portfolio of users of GSF new Value Chain Impact Certification through the solicitation of new corporate support.
The Director will work closely with other team members and with SustainCERT to deliver best-in class customer support.
- Develop and execute a strategy for taking GS new solutions to the US market, with a specific focus on corporates
- Have primary responsibility for the management of a portfolio of US partners and clients
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the strategy
- 8-10 years of professional experience in the field of sustainability, ideally in a client management or sales position; demonstrated success in a sales or development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple partners)
- Ability to conceptualise and design new climate and SDG programs and new initiatives, as well as sell the new programs, initiatives and certification trajectories to potential partners
- Successful program management experience, in an organisation focused on climate change preferred
- Demonstrated success with working to performance targets
- High energy and passion for our vision and mission is essential
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated partner relationships over time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can execute on both strategic and tactical plans
- A team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside GSF
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Ability to proactively problem solve under pressure
- Positive attitude
Recruitment Process and Timeline
- Submit CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: US Business Development)
- Deadline to apply: November 23rd 2018
- Please note that you will only be notified if you receive an invitation for a first-round interview. We regret that we cannot send you an email confirming receipt or the status of your application.
- First round interviews (video-conference): November 28th and / or November 29th 2018
- Second interviews (in-person): TBD
- Start date: Ideally January 2019