C4 EcoSolutions is a consulting company that designs and implements climate change adaptation and mitigation projects in both the public and private sectors. The four C’s in C4 refer to Climate, Communities, Conservation and Carbon. The diverse skillset amongst the C4 team of 22 professional consultants – which includes ecology, economics and social science – enables us to integrate these four focal areas into our projects. Our main clients include UN Environment, UNDP, FAO, IFC, IFAD, GIZ, and the governments of a wide range of developing countries. Over the past decade, C4 has worked in 77 countries across Africa, Asia, Central America, and the Caribbean.
C4 is seeking a Senior Climate Change and Environmental Consultant to join our dynamic team
in Tokai, Cape Town, South Africa, and to contribute to our:
- development of innovative solutions for adapting to climate change and conserving global
- design and implementation of climate change and biodiversity projects for a wide range of
United Nations agencies across the world; and
- production of professionally-prepared reports within the prescribed timelines.
Current assignments being conducted by C4
- Design of projects for international climate funds, including GCF, GEF and AF.
- Development and implementation of Vulnerability Assessments for climate change.
- Monitoring & Evaluation for climate change adaptation projects, including the development of
mid-term and terminal reviews.
- Provision of technical assistance and capacity building to governmental and nongovernmental
institutions, particularly regarding access to climate finance.
Criteria for selection
- A Master’s or PhD in one or more of the following disciplines: ecology, agriculture,
climatology, botany, zoology, geography, environmental science, and environmental
- Outstanding English writing skills.
- Proficiency in specialised analytical techniques, including R, GIS and remote sensing is an
- An ability to work well under pressure, lead and advise junior consultants, and meet strict
- An interest in and enthusiasm for frequent and extensive travel to countries across Africa and
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is an asset.
Dependent on work experience and qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, a short CV and contact details of three references to Lisa Minchener
at email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a written test.