Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 11/11/2018
Earliest starting date: as soon as possible
CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in Continental Europe. In your role as Account Manager Reporter Services, you will accelerate our mission and motivate global multinationals with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and banning deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
The role includes:
- Delivering member benefits to existing European Reporter Services companies and securing their renewal income;
- Developing leads and converting them into new members;
- Supporting program members in advancing their sustainability strategies through disclosure support, benchmarking, score feedback, gap analysis and final review;
- Supporting members to utilise the data reported through CDP for benchmarking, including alignment with their wider sustainability strategy and own CDP reporting, and their external and internal communication;
- Working with other membership programs such as Supply Chain to help them to fulfil their data and technical responsibilities to their members efficiently;
- Contributing to the regional teams by integrating the Reporter Services work of regional members;
- Contributing to the wider development and strategy of the CDP Reporter Services program;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing CDP’s Reporter Services work as a subject matter expert;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience;
- Fluent in French and English; German or any other major European language a plus.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills, including data analysis, data mining, benchmarking and process optimisation;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and climate change issues and how we can solve them;
- Work experience in account management, sales or business development desirable;
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics, with a special focus on GHG emissions and /or water / forest and within a corporate environment a plus;
- Knowledge of client relationship management (CRM) system, desirable;
- Good communication skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel, ideally including macro programming or interest to master such skills;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe on occasion;
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Associate Director of Sales & Business Development.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Kate Redington, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com “Reporter Services – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.