What we are looking for
- Support the Head of Office of Uniper in Brussels within the division “Corporate Communication & Governmental Relations” in developing and executing advocacy on the main European energy priorities;
- Support in promoting and representing Uniper towards the European Institutions and wider stakeholder community;
- Support in intelligence gathering, monitoring legislative developments;
- Support in writing position papers and presentations;
- Safeguard Uniper’s interests in energy, environment and climate policy within the political decision making process in Brussels;
- Ensure the business is kept fully informed through regular and timely briefings.
Desired Skills and Experience
Who we are seeking
- University degree, preferably focus on Economics/ Business/Law/Public Policy;
- Relevant professional experience (e.g. parliament, ministries, federal government, permanent representations) preferably in Brussels;
- Good knowledge of EU legislative processes;
- Good communication skills, convincing approach and the ability to cope with the complexity of energy policy;
- Good organisation and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and willing to take on responsibility;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (notably Word, Excel and PowerPoint), good skills in formatting and graph production would be appreciated;
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German and / or another major language an advantage).
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration.
This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
We have extensive knowledge of global and regional energy markets with their different regulatory systems and market conditions. Uniper has the equipment, knowledge and skills to succeed as an established energy business.
We have various expertise in the construction, management and operation of large power plants, as well as in the optimisation and risk management of assets and contracts. At Uniper, people work with one common goal: The reliable supply of energy.
Uniper is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
For more information please have a look here.