Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 15/10/2018
Earliest starting date: as soon as right candidate is found
- Do you feel stuck by business-as-usual in corporate sustainability?
- Do you want to do something about it?
- Then help us make the business case for our planet and people.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead CDP Europe’s Corporate Engagement initiatives and a dynamic group of talented colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior professional, able to drive sustainability into the corporate C-suite across Europe.
Reporting to the Managing Director and part of the management team, the Director of Corporate Engagement will provide strong visionary and collaborative leadership with a hands-on, proactive approach to CDP’s programs and projects.
The Director will be accountable for the effective operation of the Corporate Engagement team. This involves inspiring and developing the team to ensure on mission delivery and impact, while liaising with the Global Corporate Strategy team.
The role is based at our headquarters in Berlin, however, for the right candidate, we would consider Brussels or Geneva as alternative locations.
Key responsibilities include:
Overall responsibility for achieving CDP’s objectives in Europe with corporations, which includes, but is not limited to, business development, increasing the number of companies engaging, working, and disclosing data through our platform.
- Leading a team of over 12+ FTE with direct reporting lines from Regional Operations and Sales & Business Development managers;
- Building, managing, and developing senior relationships with key stakeholders externally and internally;
- Driving Company Engagement, to increase memberships, and outreach programs;
- Coordinating CDP reports, contributing to analysis of and insights from company data, as well as income generation;
- Developing and leading the overall sales strategy with the goal of increasing CDP’s recurring income and engagement with companies;
- Ensuring successful cooperation across departments to deliver CDP vision and mission
- Leading European input to the wider development and strategy of CDP’s Global Engagement with corporate sector.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Sustainability or related field;
- Experience working with national and international organizations e.g. tracking applications;
- Solid management skills, including budget and managerial expertise to head a major department;
- Prior experience in leading dynamic teams, change management, preferably within business sustainability field;
- Proven record to develop and enable productive employees.
The successful candidate will have:
- Alignment with our key values of trust, well-being, collaboration, solution driven, dedication and commitment;
- Authority and trusted network at top level of major European companies;
- Passion for solving the global environmental crisis through a business, solutions-oriented approach;
- Knowledge and credibility in understanding business needs and challenge the status quo;
- Familiarity of sustainable business trends and planning;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with excellent communication and negotiation abilities;
- Genuine commitment to managing diversity in the workplace;
- Interest in driving corporate sustainability themes forward, particularly climate change mitigation, water management, and reducing deforestation;
- Willingness to understand and participate in resolving-related company internal challenges;
- Strong commitment to public service, fiscal responsibility, and innovation.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize and work calmly under pressure;
- Willingness to travel across Europe.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a difference for a better future with challenging and exciting tasks;
- Working within a dynamic, innovative environment with a team of passionate and international people;
- A competitive NGO salary and up to 10% annual company-wide bonus;
- 30 days of vacation per year;
- Cutting-edge offices at WeWork, Potsdamer Platz with many member amenities, such as drinks, showers, special events.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Europe.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents (motivation letter, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date) in English. Please address to Steven Tebbe as a single PDF and via email to email@example.com with “DCE Europe – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.