Contact: Rebekah Braswell
Land Life Company seeks US Director
This is us
Land Life Company is an international nature restoration company based in the Netherlands with offices in Mexico, the US and China and projects in 25 countries. Our mission is to restore the world’s 2 billion hectares of degraded land with sustainable approaches and disruptive technologies. We work with governments, NGO’s and private companies to kick-start healthy ecosystems and support the communities that depend on them. The company is led by Jurriaan Ruys (former McKinsey partner) and Eduard Zanen (founder of Bugaboo).
Our ultimate success is measured by meeting social and environmental goals, whilst delivering positive returns. In 2018, Land Life Company will significantly increase the scale of its operations. Our new US Director will shape and lead our US business.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to leading US business development, including our carbon & climate program, further building our California-based team, and coordinating with Amsterdam on commercial, operational and marketing initiatives.
This is you
• Relevant senior networks with corporate, NGO and government entities in the US, especially the US West Coast/Southwest are required.
• Entrepreneurial, at least 10 years of independent business development.
• Experience with developing creative environmental/climate projects and partnerships with government agencies, NGOs, foundations and corporate funders.
• Understanding of or experience in carbon markets, ecosystem services preferred.
• Able to manage the US’s P&L, core operations and an enthusiastic and talented LA-based team.
• Knowledge of operational best practices and basic supply chain/logistics acumen highly preferred.
• Applicants with backgrounds in business development for climate, forestry and the environment are encouraged to apply, though we always remain open to interesting backgrounds and a passion for impact.
Please submit your application, CV and cover letter (required), to Rebekah Braswell at email@example.com.