Job Title: Carbon Projects Officer
Job Reference: CPO_1
Reports to: Programme Manager
Job Location: Taunton, England – with overseas travel
Salary: £20,500-£21,500 pa
CO2balance is a carbon offset project development company which specialises in delivering high-impact, community-based projects for climate change mitigation. Established in 2003, we work directly with local communities, NGOs and businesses to provide climate change solutions through real sustainable development. We are looking for a Carbon Projects Officer to assist our Projects Team to develop, implement and coordinate community-based carbon projects, mainly in sub-Saharan Africa. The role is primarily based in Taunton, UK, however occasional travel to the project areas is required. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision; have a background in the environment and/or development sector; have excellent communication skills, a good attention to detail and a strong business mindset. In return, we offer you internal support, international travel and the opportunity to work as part of a team in a successful, growing environmental company.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of carbon offset projects
- Assist in the development of project documentation including report writing and emission reduction calculations
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data from project monitoring studies
- Research and conduct feasibility studies for new project activities.
- Assist in undertaking Greenhouse Gas Audits and other consultancy tasks as appropriate
- Keep up to date with developments in the carbon management sector
- Assist with developing marketing materials for the projects
- Educated to degree level in relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Numerate with excellent analytical and research skills
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to work as a team player, but also to work alone and manage own workload as required.
- Post graduate qualification in environmental management, sustainable development or similar
- Knowledge of carbon project methodologies including Gold Standard, VCS and CDM
- Experience working in environment/development consultancy
- Experience of work or travel in developing countries
To apply for this position please email a CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role, quoting reference CPO _01 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries about your application, please contact us on 01823 332233 or email Sue.Kent@co2balance.com.
Application deadline:14th September 2018 (5pm)
Skype/phone interviews: week commencing 24th September 2018
Office interviews are currently planned to take place during the week commencing 8th October 2018