As the Quantitative Lead Analyst in our EU Carbon & Power Market Analysis team, you will be involved in producing and communicating mainly quantitative analysis.
You will be responsible for structuring and coordinating our quantitative analysis to cover the full range of market analysis for European power and carbon markets. The Lead Analyst will be managing a team of initially four analysts working on carbon and power market models in Europe.
The key tasks will be the rollout of the power price forecast for all European markets as well as the combination of the power and carbon price forecasts.
Secondly, the Lead Quantitative Analyst will function as bridge person to other modelling teams within ICIS and RBI.
You will be part of an international team, which requires occasional travel within the EU. As of day one, you will be tasked with challenging analytics projects and be in contact with customers and prospects across the EU energy landscape.
Main accountabilities/responsibilities :
- Deliver ad-hoc quantitative analysis by assessing market developments in European power and carbon markets
- Translate market developments into model assumptions
- Structure and coordinate the quantitative analysis between the EU carbon and power services
- Responsibility for the EU carbon and power price models
- Manage and develop a team of quantitative analysts and modellers
- Explain our analysis to clients and other market participants
- Represent ICIS on fairs & conferences or in customer meetings
Key skills required
- Previous relevant professional experience (3-5+ years) in the power/energy sector
- Analytical mind-set
- Detailed understanding of dispatch modelling in the power sector
- Good data handling skills (e.g. SQL)
- Ideally experience with mathematical modelling systems (e.g. GAMS, AMPL)
- Excellent project management and people management skills
- Excellent team development skills
- Very good communication skills in English (German an advantage)
- University degree in relevant area
- A vibrant working environment in a dynamic and motivated team
- Exposure to key market players in the European power market
- Personal development opportunities working for the global leader in carbon market analytics
- Active involvement and responsibility from the start
- Flexibility and trust as part of our corporate culture