adelphi is an independent think tank and leading international public policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our 180-strong team of experts and specialists plays a key role in generating and promoting new ideas, shaping debates, building new strategies and setting agendas. We help to forge new paths towards a sustainable future, both by providing scientifically sound policy analysis and by working in dialogue with political and civil society actors and decision-makers.
Join us and you can expect to work on topical issues that connect the worlds of science and politics, in collaboration with policymakers and practitioners around the world. Contribute your ideas and expertise as part of our interdisciplinary, international project teams, and benefit from a collaborative working and learning environment with flat organisational structures.
STUDENT PROJECT ASSISTANT
for European diplomacy in the G7 / G20 for green finance & the transition to a circular economy (20 hrs/ week) – Berlin
Your working field
Working with adelphi, you will be supporting our international projects focusing on promoting the European Commission’s diplomacy within the G7/ G20 context, particularly on green finance and circular economy related issues. Your work in this field includes linking the above issues with SDG achievement and international development from the perspective of the European Union. You will support adelphi’s work regarding Action-Research techniques and Science-Policy-Practitioner dialogues.
- Contribute to research on green finance/ circular economy issues in G20 countries
- Writing and editing of knowledge products on green finance/ circular economy issues for internal and G20 country audiences
- Support project management tasks, e.g. organisation of workshops, webinars, etc.
- Monitor and potentially manage social media and other communication channels regarding green finance/ circular economy issues
- Administer a project website
- An outstanding bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., political science, economics, environmental science
- Excellent research and writing skills
- A minimum of 1 years of experience working on relevant issues (i.e. green finance/ circular economy or EU processes/ environmental diplomacy), including academic work
- Adept in using website/ content management systems, or quick learner
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English required, German language skills are an asset
- The opportunity to join a growing think-tank and consultancy firm with a stimulating, informal, flexible, and multicultural working environment. The chance to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging issues
- An attractive working place located in Berlin Mitte next to the riverside, which offers a great surrounding for creative thinking and is easily reachable by public transportation
- We prioritise sustainability in our own work and employees come from a variety of cultural backgrounds