Would you like to be part of our dynamic, global and growing team? South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
To further promote environmentally and socially responsible practices, we are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated
Principal Consultant – Renewable Energy, Asia
based in Bangkok (100%)
As part of the Green Finance team, you will be key player in growing South Pole’s advisory work on the Renewable Energy topic in Southeast Asia. The position will have two main aspects; building and leading business development in the region and providing technical input, support and leadership to achieve growth and success in the region. You will develop a strategy to grow our renewable energy business in the region and will work with others in the company in securing renewable energy focused advisory mandates to our clients in both the corporate and public sector. You will develop strong partnerships and a strong network working in the renewable energy sector such as consultants, project developers, engineering companies, and government officials. This is a high profile role within the region and will provide the technical leadership and supervision of the advice and services we offer our clients in the region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Build and lead South Pole’s renewable energy advisory activities in Southeast Asia, with a focus on Solar PV, in collaboration with the HQ.
- Develop new business opportunities in the renewable energy field within Southeast Asia with a focus on corporate renewables
- Manage our technical assistance activities within Southeast Asia
- Collect and analyze renewable energy market information and present it to our corporate clients interested in renewable energy solutions in Southeast Asia (eg: corporate PPAs and on-site renewables)
- Create a clear business development plan for South Pole in Asia, identifying key opportunities and actions, analysing competition, barriers and constraints, with clear targets, milestones and a budget to implement
- Oversee the development of Expressions of Interest and winning proposals to acquire renewable energy consultancy mandates in Southeast Asia.
- Oversee the development of relevant tendering/RfP documents for contracting subcontractors/partners/collaborators as required for specific assignments
- Manage and supervise consultants on Renewable Energy focused consultancy mandates. Depending on the mandate this many include conducting legal, tax and technical due diligence and advisory services.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of consultancy mandates including ensuring that they are completed on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders such as consultants, project developers, engineering companies, government officials.
- A Master’s degree, ideally with some post-graduate work in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Finance or sustainability related disciplines
- 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in renewable energy project development, consultancy and/or business development
- Previous experience of managing a team (internal and/or external collaborators) on specific projects/consultancy mandates
- Managing project budgets of over 100k EUR in size
- Proven ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English
- Strong technical and financial expertise on renewable energy technologies, particularly Solar PV
- Legal expertise (e.g. on Power Purchase Agreements) would be an asset
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Strong network with local consultants, project developers, donors, manufacturing companies and engineering companies and other relevant stakeholders in Southeast Asia
- Track record in developing climate change mitigation projects, programs or instruments across sectors and technologies would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written command of English, professional proficiency in other national or regional languages (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Thai) is of advantage
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of sustainability passionate professionals
- A clear career development potential as a key part of the Consultancy and Services team
- Opportunity to develop a new business line
If you are interested in joining a young and international team looking to make a difference to the world we would be happy to hear from you! Women are especially encouraged to apply. Please send your application in English directly through our website. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Ms. Tiara Anggraeni on +62 21 7207567 or on email@example.com.