About Nexus for Development
Nexus is a key network and finance partner working to make low-carbon clean energy and WASH solutions count toward the Global Goals. We are based in Southeast Asia and collaborate with partners around the world to create and deploy innovative financing tools to scale locally-driven solutions.
A diverse range of organizations are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. At Nexus, we connect award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses, donors and investors, inspiring and funding change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
At Nexus we support continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, footprinting, fund management, innovative finance, sustainable development, networking, capacity-building and sustainability strategy.
Since being formed in 2009 by an alliance of development organizations, our expertise has evolved to offer a range of technical and financial services that support the growth and impact of our members and partners. Nexus currently has 20 members who are central to the work we do.
Nexus engages with several international actors:
- Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
- Private sectors companies and corporates, investors and donors
- Researchers, policy makers and international standards and associations
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/
Join our team!
The Marketing & Communications Officer will play an essential role in promoting and supporting all Nexus activities. Your scope of action will include taking the lead on designing and disseminating external communications materials, marketing projects and proposing strategic initiatives that takes Nexus’ communications and marketing to the next level. If you are looking for a challenging position where you will have the opportunity to shape how Nexus is perceived by our international stakeholders and online community, this could be the position for you! We are looking for someone with strong written and verbal communication skills, well-rounded in social media, design, and familiar with lean marketing tools such as video and vlogs. You will have the autonomy deliver innovative communication and marketing ideas, using our activity and the wealth of knowledge of our colleagues as a resource. We are particularly interested in sharing day-to-day life at Nexus, since we work remotely from many of our clients and from several geographies. Targeted engagement with our clients and members across the globe remains our top priority.
We are a diverse team and board from across the globe, motivated and mission-driven, looking for a new colleague to step up or online engagement and creatively showcase our work to the world! The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude, positive and hands-on. If this is you, we need your expertise and creative juices!
Marketing & Communications Officer Key Responsibilities:
- Draft text, image and video content for social media and the Nexus website (WordPress) updating the sites regularly with engaging material and briefing the teams internally as required;
- Identify and develop targeted marketing materials for segmented audiences with each internal unit, such as newsletters (Mailchimp), blog posts or vlogs;
- Provide strategic oversight engagement and reporting on Marketing & Communications targets, deliverables and achievements
- Engage directly with international members, clients and stakeholders in the provision of resources, online networking and media for key partners
- Update project communications packages and Nexus-own impact-driven data quoted online and in internal marketing & communications files with support from the Program and BD units
- Coordinate and lead the production, editing, and overall delivery of high-quality documents such as Annual and Event Reports (Adobe InDesign) – including responsibility for creative content, branding, design and liaison with external service providers;
- Access and share internally and externally relevant information pertaining to the WASH/ Renewable energy, Impact Investing, Carbon Crediting and Entrepreneur sector on trends, stakeholders, award schemes, events, etc.;
- Maintain and update the Nexus website, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms to improve business functionalities, marketing and stakeholder-targeting;
- Maintain Nexus’ photo and communications database, and branding tools;
- Support the organisation of local and/or international events.
Profile outline – is this you?
Marketing & Communications Officer Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent English verbal and excellent writing skills; Ability to take the lead on editing reports and drafting content for external stakeholders with limited supervision;
- Experience working with and targeting international clients and stakeholders;
- Experience working with Mailchimp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Bitrix/ CMS, Video tools and e-mail marketing tools;
- Business acumen applied to marketing, with an understanding of sales, client and stakeholder segmentation, and relevant marketing support tools;
- Knowledge and experience on environmental issues, sustainability, corporate responsibility and climate change a plus;
- Ability to write persuasive and engaging copy, and to translate technical information for communication to a non-technical audience;
- At ease working in a small structure and multicultural environment where versatility and cultural sensitiveness are required;
- High level of autonomy in planning and carrying out own work, with good internal and external engagement capacity;
- Pro-active and solutions oriented, able to work under time pressure and deliver creative solutions;
- Track-record of deploying effective online marketing & communications strategy including use of video, vlogging, online stakeholder engagement and business-generation;
- Capable of maintaining strategy oversight and effective prioritisation;
- Strong photography and design skills a plus;
- Additional relevant language skills in Khmer, French, or Chinese a plus.
In a nutshell…
|Position Profile||Communication, marketing, journalism, writing, designing, communicating technical data to non-technical audiences, sustainability, environment, climate-change, low-carbon development, media, SoMe, video, vlog, branding.|
|Unit||Business Development/ Marketing and Communications cross-cutting team|
|Direct supervisor||Business Development Director|
|Direct report||Volunteers, fellows or interns tbc.|
|Resource persons||Business Development Lead; Finance Manager; Administration Officer; etc.|
|Duty station||Based in the Nexus office in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) or remote working (requiring a full or half-day time-zone overlap with SE Asia).|
|Term||Unspecified duration contract with ideal commitment of minimum 2 years FT (preferred) or 4 days/week.|
|Remuneration package||13 – 17k USD gross per annum based on experience (circa 10% taxation; benefiting from local competitive cost of living). 40 days of annual leave including public holidays. Training allowance and relocation benefits. Annual flight home provided for international staff. Visa, work Group Person Accident insurance and travel insurance provided.|
How to apply:
To apply please submit a CV, a cover letter and work samples (portfolio preferably including writing, design, photography and video) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application to Marketing & Communications Officer role” before the 6th of August, 2018. Apply early as applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. In your cover letter please include any expectations in terms of geographical base (remote working requiring a full or half-day time-zone overlap with SE Asia), salary (please note range detailed above, FT/PT availability, etc. Please note that only full applications (with all the requested elements) will be considered.
If you have any specific queries on the role, feel free to reach out to Asha on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise please submit your full application (CL, CV & portfolio) as indicated above.
We look forward to hearing from you!