Core Expertise: Greenhouse gas emission quantification, sustainability advisor, oil and gas emission reporting, methane
emissions, power emissions, energy efficiency, client management, business development, consulting.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ideal candidates will bring a network of
connections and existing relationships to energy and/or sustainability professionals in the North American energy industry
that will compliment and bolster Cap-Op Energy’s existing relationships.
The Analyst Opportunity offers the successful candidate a chance to hone their project development and consulting skills
by supporting the growth of a data-focused sustainability firm, conducting business development with existing and new
clients, project management and participation in technical analysis. The goal of the new position is to become an integral
part of Cap-Op team with primary contributions to existing lines of business and representing Cap-Op to clients, government
and NGO bodies. The chosen candidate will be involved in other evolving aspects of the company and will be expected to
take on project management responsibilities in the near term. As such, this represents an excellent opportunity to develop
both technical and management expertise in a dynamic work environment.
The unique position is based in a downtown Calgary office, and will require working with a as multitude of stakeholders in
the energy industry including oil and gas, biofuels, renewable energy and other cleantech. The candidate will be responsible
for managing existing client relationships, working on consulting projects, grant or proposal writing, contributing to marketing
campaigns, and making contributions to software development by synthesizing client needs and feedback. The results of
this position will feed into Cap-Op Energy’s online platforms and will contribute to the way in which the platform handles
future incoming data. This paid position is a full-time and permanent position. Some field work and up to approximately 10%
travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Have completed their undergraduate degree in environmental sciences, business, engineering or equivalent, with a
minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role with technical responsibilities
• Be ready to work hard, solve problems, and work with a lean team towards building a sustainability-focused technology
company that is respected amongst industry, peers and competitors;
• Be able to bring strong analytical thinking, problem solving attitudes and innovation to the way in which they complete
projects and tasks;
• Carry an entrepreneurial and flexible attitude with an aptitude of contributing towards all facets of a fast-growing venture,
including business development, marketing, branding, and/or project management;
• Be familiar with energy systems and / or oil and gas production, including deep knowledge on greenhouse gas emissions
and abatement options;
• Be organized, and have a high attention to detail;
Cap-Op Energy will:
• Provide the candidate with a dynamic, collaborative and innovative work space within a highly qualified, dedicated and
• Be flexible with respect to the candidate’s work-life balance and allow some amount of distance work;
• Consider the candidate for a variety of growth opportunities within Cap-Op based on performance and fit with the CapOp
team after completion of a standard probationary period.
Hiring Manager: Ahsan Syed – firstname.lastname@example.org