As Researcher in Climate Protection & Urban Governance, you will support our team in working on projects on national and European climate policy and urban governance. In particular, you will work at the interface between traditional emission reduction approaches and adaptation – especially in cities – to climate change. In addition, you will support the acquisition of new projects in these fields.
- You work on projects for climate protection policy and planning at national and European level as well as for sustainable urban development in and outside Europe for clients from Germany and the EU.
- You conduct independent political science analyses, develop case studies based on desk research, conduct interviews and evaluate them.
- You contribute to the development of policy guidance and recommendations.
- You support both the application for new projects and the preparation of scientific publications.
- You also provide support in the conception and content implementation of project-related events and their documentation.
- You moreover support the conception and implementation of measures for the communication of project results.
- We offer you an employment contract for 32 hours per week, initially limited to two years. We aim for a long-term commitment.
- In our international team you will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in a flexible and family-friendly working environment with flat hierarchies.
- In addition, we offer you an appropriate salary, individual training opportunities and the scope to deepen your own expertise.
- You have completed a relevant master’s degree (e.g. political science, environmental science) with above-average marks.
- You have already gained professional experience (approx. three to four years) in a relevant working environment, for example in an environmental policy think tank, in environmental policy consulting or in environmental policy research.
- You have a good knowledge of the role of municipalities and their competencies in environmental and climate policy at the regional, national, European and international levels and have already dealt with the use of planning instruments.
- You have good knowledge of green and blue infrastructure and nature-based urban solutions. Knowledge in the field of integrated urban planning and development as well as experience in municipal work are advantageous.
- You have excellent analytical and methodological skills (in qualitative methods of empirical social research) and enjoy working both independently and in a team.
- Ideally, you already have relevant networks in the targeted work areas, especially in Southern and Eastern Europe.
- You convince us with your enthusiasm for teamwork in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English. Additional language skills are an advantage, especially Eastern European languages.
- A strong interest in and experience with new media and their use in science communication as well as in the conceptual design of information graphics would be desirable.
- Please apply exclusively through our online application form on.
- You need for your application: a cover letter, CV, certificates and work samples.
- The work samples should contain a maximum of 20 pages of a scientific paper, e.g. a scholarly article.
Our Selection Process:
The application period ends on 22 June 2018. First interviews are expected to take place in the period from 2 to 7 July 2018. For further information, please contact Stefan Höhne by phone (030-86880-199) or by e-mail (to email@example.com).