Project Manager – Environment & Climate Change
Canadian Standards Association has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager, Environment & Climate Change reporting to the Program Manager Environment & Climate Change. As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for CSA Group’s GHG and Accessible Building Registries, standards development activities related to the environment as well as national and international standards for a diverse collection of natural resources sectors including mining, forestry, water resources protection, and oil & gas, as well as conducting business development initiatives to expand the portfolio into new areas of the Environment & Climate Change and Natural Resources Programs. You will interact with leading experts within industry, academia and government to develop leading edge standards and registries. Helping to facilitate discussion and promote consensus amongst these thinkers is a key part of your role. You will deal with senior government and industry leaders as well as leading edge researchers, scientists and environmentalists.
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of administration, management and support for the CSA Group Registry Services, which presently include; GHG registries, the Accessible Building registry and the EPD registry.
- Oversee all aspects of standards development process, primarily involving the management of multiple Canadian and/or international standards development committees within identified project timelines and budgets and in accordance with CSA Directives and/or international ISO/IEC Directives.
- Identify and pursue potential areas of new business opportunities (e.g. new standards required, registry opportunities, and training and education programs) related to the core business of CSA Standards.
- Establishing timelines for project activities, determining project resource requirements (e.g. funding, personnel support), and assembling overall project schedules.
- Liaising and managing internal and external relationships with clients, funders, IT, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Registry metric’s tracking to ensure proper recording of all pertinent data and adherence to all process controls.
- Designing and developing new registry offerings, including oversight and management of external resources.
- Day-to-day management of committee activities (minutes, agendas, setting up meetings, data management), delivering on project milestones and revenue targets, working with Chair and Vice-Chair to recruit new members, obtain consensus, document committee activities, develop strategies regarding methods to improve/enhance Technical Committee performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Designation as a Certified Project Management Professional, or equivalent designation/experience would be a welcome asset.
- Standards development experience is an asset or a history of working with standards.
- 10+ year of relevant experience, with 3-5 year experience in Project Management, Registry Management or Standards Development.
- Experience in either of the following or related fields would also be an asset: GHG Management, Climate Change, Sustainability, Natural Resources.
- Experience in business development, writing proposals, business plans and technical documents.
- Experience leading or working with multi-stakeholder committees or groups.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to network, manage relationships, identify opportunities, and win new business.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team-player and build capacity of peers.
- High degree of self-motivation, resilience, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and conflict management skills.
- Highly developed oral, facilitation, and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail with follow-up to deliver on tasks. Creative, participator and flexible approach to managing work assignments.
- Developed computer skills and understanding of IT web platforms and systems.
- Decision Making
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Research & Analysis