About the Team
PwC Consulting helps organisations to work smarter and grow faster. As part of a global network of firms, we have an unrivalled ability to provide our clients with local insights and global best practice. Our work is always evolving to respond to industry trends and we combine our deep technical skills in response to our clients’ changing needs.
PwC’s Sustainability and Climate Change (S&CC) practice, part of PwC Consulting, offers services to both public and private sector clients across a range of specialist subject areas, including; economic development, urbanisation, impact assessment, responsible business and climate change. Our established team includes economists, natural scientists, engineers, policy and data analysts and sector specialists – working with some of the world’s leading organisations towards an economy with purpose.
Due to continued strong demand for our services, we are looking to strengthen our team in the financial services (FS) space. We would be interested to hear from candidates with strong financial services sector experience allied to experience with sustainability issues. Applicants are welcome from all FS sub-sectors – whether banking, insurance or asset management.
Our team can offer you a highly stimulating work environment, a breadth of experience rarely matched and a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to join a mission-driven team.
About the Role
We are recruiting at either Senior Associate or Manager grade.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Apply your analytical skills and specialist knowledge with our world-class client base;
- Contribute effectively to complex, multi-disciplinary projects – often supporting several projects at a time;
- Support internal and external thought leadership; and
- Contribute to proposals and other business development activity.
The role will be based out of London but may require international travel on project assignments.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A university degree in business/finance, economics, engineering, a sustainability-related subject, or another discipline with strong quantitative elements;
- Substantive professional experience in the financial industry (banking, asset management, private equity, insurance) or in a related industry (e.g. consulting for the financial sector);
- Strong understanding of the financial system and its products and services;
- Interest and understanding of key sustainability issues impacting the financial sector;
- Excellent critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and problem solving abilities;
- Strong research, analytical and report writing skills, in the English language;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong personal initiative, agility and resourcefulness; and
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Work experience involving sustainability in the financial industry would be ideal.
- Proficiency in other languages would be useful.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity